S2 Chapter 12

Moving towards Endeavors agency, Todoroki and Amari were strangely quiet. It was agreed that after she wouldn't back down from this, Todoroki also wanted to train with his father. Part of it was for her sure, but the other part was just because regardless of the past, Endeavor was a pro hero for a reason. He still wanted to learn from the best.

They saw the outline of the tall building in the distance when Amari suddenly stopped, her hand now with an air of uncertainty in it. "Hey, Shoto?"

He stopped as well, seeing the look of distress on her face. Maybe she was second thinking this dangerous choice? He sure hoped so. "What's wrong? If you don't want to do this we can just go back to U.A. and choose another agency."

Although Amari just frowned shaking her head in frustration, almost like she was upset by the idea. "What? No, that's not it. I wanted to talk to you about something before we go in."

Todoroki eyed this with confusion before letting her continue, having her voice come out rather quiet. "Listen, I think it would be better if we weren't in a relationship while we are here."

His eyes grew to ones of shock, releasing her hand at the same time. What was she talking about? Did she want to end their relationship? "What? You don't want to be together?"

The look betrayal and sadness must of been transparent because Amari immediately put her hands out, speaking fast to backtrack. "Oh no no no, I didn't mean it like that. Of course I do, it's just..."

Sighing heavily, Amari casted her eyes towards the ground. "I already know I'm going to have a target on my back while I'm here and I don't want that for you too. They are already going to think I came here will ill intentions.."

Todoroki didn't really understand what she meant, but he also knew he didn't like the idea. "Amari, I'm not just going to sit there and watch my old man hurt you. I'm sorry but I just can't do that."

His intentions were good, but yet she still felt saddened by them. "This is the choice I've made. I know you are worried but I'm not backing down from it."

Todoroki shook his head in frustration at her words. It was obvious she didn't understand what his father was capable of. "I understand, but I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If it becomes too much, just tell me. I will fix it."

Amari thought from a moment before he watched her frown, somehow not enjoying his declaration. He was treating her like a fragile doll, like someone that needed saving. But that wasn't what she wanted.

Brushing her hair behind her ear, Todoroki caught sight of one of her scars while Amari spoke, low and suddenly serious. "Shoto, not to be blunt but I think you are underestimating everything I've been through to get here."

He stood silent at her tone, watching the air around them have a more ominous feel to them. Her eyes, they looked focused and distant, almost like when she was in battle.

Just then, her tone shifted back, Amari giving out a heavy sigh and clearing the atmosphere. She then grabbed hold of Todoroki's hand. "Right now, I don't need your help, I need your support. Please, can you do that for me?"

Looking down at her hands, Todoroki still felt that small sense of doubt in his stomach, although he pushed it down for now. He still wasn't about to let her get hurt on his watch. "Alright."

She smiled then, making his palms rise with heat. "Thank you. Now, shall we?"

Todoroki nodded his head in response as they moved towards the building, now with detached hands. It was time to get serious.

-----------------------------

Knocking on the surface, Amari and Todoroki opened the door to Endeavors office quietly, seeing the man himself seated at his desk. Although, when he caught Amari's eyes, he was less than pleased. "Welcome my Shoto, so you've finally agreed to my path for you."