67.

"Reggie!" She called out after him, but he had already walked away. She didn't want to believe him and she didn't. Not until she had proof, at least.

Sighing to herself, she turned around and saw James and Sirius walking towards her. She wanted to jump into the freezing Lake just so she could avoid him but she held her head high and  waited for him. 

He had that angry/disappointed expression on his face which their mum did. "Are you a thief now?"

Juli's eyes widened as she realized what he meant. "EXCUSE ME?" She exclaimed.

"James, mates, I wouldn't put -" Sirius tried to say but James cut him off.

"Well, I guess you are about to join a bunch of murderers so a thief is a small deal, innit?" He asked, more angry than disappointed. "What was I even thinking? Just for one blissful moment I had a hope that one of us could talk to you and you would come back. Ridiculous."

"Let me stop you right there." Juli said firmly. "I don't know what you are talking about."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "So you do not remember sneaking into our dorm and stealing my cloak?"

She turned to Sirius who was standing there hands in his pockets, looking worriedly at the siblings fight. "Oh, you mean the cloak that our dad gave us as a Christmas present?" She glared.

"He didn't give it to us, he gave it to me. Do not play the word game wi - "

"James, I need to get to class and don't have time for this. I'll see you around. Or not. I don't really care." With one last glance at Sirius, she went back into the castle.

She felt like she had almost given in into her weakness and told James everything but after the previous night, she could not afford it anymore.

When she grabbed her back from the Great Hall, she found a small piece of parchment inside.

"I am afraid our regular meetings might arise suspicions in the minds of fellow students, hence this will be our mode of communication.
I want you to find out the names of all people who are in alliance with the Dark Lord. I am afraid Gryffindor must have some of them, too.
I hope you are aware with the spell which burns things.
A.D."

"Incedio." She muttered the small spell as the parchment turned in to ashes.

Deatheater? Regulus said that he had been a death eater but that was just annoyance. He was being sacastic because she had pushed him to talk to her. That was it.

She knew he was doing it only to prove something to his parents and his friends. She couldn't let Regulus do it. It was dangerous and wrong. Voldemort had the wrong ideals and he did not care that he killed people for them. It was immoral. Reggie was better than that.

Lord Voldemort didn't care about his followers or the people he killed. He only cared about blood purity and Juli loathed that. She loathed everything about the Dark Lord.

"Juliette?"

She snapped out of her thoughts and saw Sirius standing a few feet away from her.

Her heart skipped a beat. "What do you want, Black?" She asked, trying to sound unfazed.

He shook his head, trying to show that this was unbelievable. "Really?" He said and moved towards her

"Really what?" She asked, moving even closer and tried to appear intimidating.

"I thought for a 6th year and for someone almost of age, you should know how to do magic." He chuckled.

Juli never failed to notice how beautiful he was. With his long hair and strong arms, he seemed perfect. To her, he was perfect.

But more than that, he was a sweet and kind and loyal and brave. She knew that he was a bit reckless and impulsive but that is what made him him. And she loved every bit of him.

"Like what you see?" He smirked.

She realized that she was staring and collected her thoughts. She had to stop zoning out time and time again. "What do you want  Sirius? Where is your other half? Didn't have the guts to talk to me anymore?"

He laughed softly. "You really are good with words, love."

She almost blushed at his words. Almost. "Don't call me that."

He simply shrugged and folding his hands, leaned against the wall.

In that moment, Juli wanted to pull him into a broom closet, not caring about who was out side or who heard them.

Technically, she could. They were late for class and no one was in the Great Hall since break fast was long over. It would be better to not go at all than to go late. But she stayed exactly where she was. "What do you want, Black?"

"Black? Ouch." He said, putting a hand on his heart. "Anyway, I came here alone so that you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of James because for a 6th year, you suck at magic. No offense."

"Yes yes, you already said that. What about it?" She asked, tapping her feet to show impatience.

"Well, you suck at it, as I said, so...." He mumbled. "Your little thing didn't work. I remember everything about last night."