96.

TW: Death, Mentions of torture and sexual assault, Strong language

James' POV

Juli's sudden disapparition scared everyone. No one knew where she went or what she wanted to do. The only thing they knew was that she was angry. And just like Sirius, her anger meant recklessness. 

"Maybe we can split up," Lily suggested. "We can check the Manor, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade easily that way."

"Wise, Ms. Evans." Dumbledore said calmly.

James and Sirius left with Euphemia and Fleamont to the Manor, Lily, Peter and Remus went to Hogsmeade and the three teachers decided to search Hogwarts.

James and Sirius ran inside the Manor, checking every room, every corner, even the attic. They knew that she wouldn't come back home. That she would go directly where she could find Mulciber. But they still wanted to look. Just in case.

James was close to ripping out his hair. He just wanted to find his sister. She was angry, hurting and had just suffered a great loss. "Maybe we can go back to school and help the others." He suggested.

Euphemia nodded and after hugging the boys, let them go back to Hogwarts.

When they reached, Lily, Remus and Peter had already searched Hogsmeade and were heading back to school.

James knew that she was safe. She had to be. Because if she wasn't, he hadn't even got to say good bye...

NO.

He couldn't think that way, so he doubled his efforts to look for her. He checked the Marauders Map, the Forbidden Forest with Hagrid's help but no avail.

That was until he saw Regulus on the map by the Black Lake. "Sirius you have to ask him. Regulus might know something." he said.

"Mate I - I don't know if he will help us or not." Sirius sighed.

"It is a pretty big risk," Peter added.

Peter was acting weird and scared, but James didn't care at the moment.

"No, no. He has to! He feels guilty for what happened to her. He will help!" Remus protested, pushing Sirius towards the direction of the Lake.

They followed after him and watched from a distance as Sirius tried to convince Regulus. He seemed a bit reluctant and didn't meet his older brother's eyes but after a while of what looked like tearful begging, his shoulders sagged and he nodded his head.

Sirius came running back to his friends and told them what had happened. He couldn't take them all to what he thought was the place and would go alone. It was their best option at the time and Sirius agreed.

James was not sure if letting him go alone was a good idea or not. He still didn't trust him but he knew Jules did. So he agreed and waited.

Waited desperately for his sister to be back.