12.

"I hope none of you are still in Christmas mood because next year, you will face your OWLs and need to prepare accordingly." Professor Flitwick told the fourth years. Everyone groaned at the mention of OWLs. "We haven't even started our fifth year." Juli sighed exasperatedly.

"But you will, soon, Ms. Potter." He had heard her. "Therefore, it is needed that you be prepared."

Juli went back to taking notes and occasionally chatting with Lily. She could hear the now called 'Marauders' laugh every now and then.

Tired from the day's classes, Juli walked out as soon as Flitwick dismissed them. The Marauders were still laughing in their spots, while Lily left with Snape.

"Hey, Juilette." She heard a voice say. "Let me be your Romeo and I'll show you a good time." She turned around and saw a sixth year with a malicious smile on his face.

"Haha, Mulciber." She laughed dryly. "It is not the first time I have heard that. You can do much better, I am sure. Although, I am surprised you even know about Muggle literature."

"I have nothing to do with that Mudblood filth." She winced at that name. He continued, "And I can do much better. Let me show you." He came closer to her, almost touching but Juli instantly had her wand out. She tried hiding her scared expression hoping he wouldn't hear her racing heart. Before she could do anything, Mulciber was suddenly pulled back.

"Stay away from her." She heard James' voice, his every word heavy with anger and contempt. He was infuriated and was shaking from head to toe. He had his wand on Mulciber's neck.

"Or what?" He replied, making James' angrier if that was even possible. She watched the scene unfold in a daze. "Or I will hex you. Don't make me do it." She heard her brother say and snapped back.

"James, let's go!" She requested. He didn't look like he heard her. Even if he did, he ignored her.

"How-dare-you?" He couldn't get the words out without wanting to hex him.

"Please Jamie" Juli asked him again.

"If I ever see you near my sister again, or as much as even see you breathe in her direction, so help me Merlin I will-" He was pulled back by Sirius and Remus roughly and urgently. They looked at Mulciber and he gave a satisfactory grin. Happy that he got the reaction he wanted, he walked away.

"What are you doing? Leave my hands" He shouted, still infuriated. "He cannot get away with this."

Juli stepped in front of him and turned his head towards her. "Look at me." He looked into the same eyes as his. "He's gone, Jamie. It's okay. I am okay." Seeing his expressions soften, Remus and Sirius loosened their grip on his arms.

He sighed in relief and hugged Juli. "Let me know if that punk ever bothers you again. Okay?"

"Okay." She said earnestly.

"Want to tell us what was that about?" Peter asked, watching them from a distance.

"He made my sister uncomfortable. That's all." He replied.

"No, that's not all. You've been acting this way since 3rd year." Remus clarified. "You threatened to hex Lockhart when he simply asked her out to a Hogsmeade date. You asked him what his intentions were with Juli."

"Well, I just wanted to make sure he is a decent guy."

"Come on, James." Sirius said, unconvinced. "Tell us."

"Well, fine. Ever since I saw Juli in the Charm' classroom that night, I got scared." She was now looking at him intently. "It made me so angry to see her like that, crying and hurting, but I was more sad than hurt. Scared that someone might hurt her again. So I decided that I won't let any guy near her, not unless I know that he won't hurt her. And that includes you all." He glared at Peter but didn't meet Juli's eyes.

"James..." Was all she could manage. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed James' cheek lovingly.

Not knowing what else to say, they all headed towards the common room.

Before they could enter, a 4th year Ravenclaw girl came up to them. "Sirius. Can we talk?" She giggled.

"I'll see you at dinner." He smirked. No one said anything, knowing very well what 'talk' meant.

"He's 14 and already has a playboy reputation." Peter said. He looked... impressed.

"Well, he's 15, has good looks and charms, so why not." James added.

"Sounds about right."

"Why are they proud? Is it a good thing?" Juli whispered to Remus. He thought for a moment.

"Well, it is James, Sirius and Peter. No one really knows what goes on in their mind."

Juli laughed and hit James' arm playfully. Slinging an arm around her, he sat down by the fireplace.

"Please stop" He said annoyed, when Juli took out her homework.

"You should do it, too." She said sweetly, wanting to annoy him. "Besides, we need to pass time until dinner."

"I know I will." Remus took out his books and joined Juli.

"Of course you will." James sighed.

* * * * *

"Dinner is about to begin. Where is he?" Juli heard James ask.

"He'll be here." Remus answered and sure enough, Sirius walked in with an arrogant smirk plastered on his face and messed up hair.

"Someone has been busy." James teased.

"Oh shut up, Potter!" He laughed.

Juli looked up at the Ravenclaw table and saw the girl from before talking to her friends. She was twirling her hair with one finger and blushing. It looked as if she was telling them what happened. They all kept looking towards the Gryffindor table and giggling. She felt her heart drop and a sudden sadness she couldn't explain.

I wonder why I feel this way. It's not like I care, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: It's happening!!!
Please vote and lemme know what you think. Thank you! <3