69.

Sirius' POV (didn't see that coming, did you? *smirks*)

This could have easily been the happiest day of Sirius' life and if he was being honest with himself, it was. He got to spend it entirely with Juliette and did not have any regrets. They had to cast an disillusionment charm on the ring but it gave Sirius inexplicable peace to know she was wearing it.

The had gone for butterbeer and then raided Honeydukes' for sweets. It was a day amazingly spent. They had held hands all along and stolen several kisses. It was everything he could ask for and more. Since there was a war overhead, he understood how important each moment was.

They had reached the castle just before lunch and pecking him quickly on the lips, she went to the Black Lake and ran back to the Common Room.

"Baubles." He said urgently.

"Having a bit of fun, are we?" The Fat Lady smirked.

"Keep it between us, eh?" He winked and walked in, hurrying up to his dorm.

He knew that his friends would never question him if he was Padfoot and leave him be, knowing that this was his way of wanting space. He had been Padfoot for the entire night after the horrible events on the Astronomy Tower. Thinking of it still made broke his heart but now that he had discovered the truth, it was easier.

He also knew how happy Juliette made him. The way her eyes lightened up when she talked passionately about something or the way her cheeks turned red due to cold. The way she always kissed him and made him feel better. She was the kindest person he ever met. Not because of the praises, but because she wanted to be. The way her head fell back when she laughed. He could clearly picture her laughing over something so hard that she snorted and then instead of being embarrassed about it, laugh even harder as her hair fell into her eyes. She knew how to say the right thing and when she didn't, her company was enough to warm his heart. Instead of Sirius Black, from the most Ancient and Noble House of Black, she saw him as Sirius. Just Sirius. She was the most beautiful girl in the world and he loved her more than he could imagine.

When the other Marauders came back from classes, they saw a black dog lying on the bed and went and sat down beside him.

"We are so sorry, Pads." Remus said, scratching behind his ears.

James just sighed and rested against Sirius' bed. "This is terrible. She just changed completely overnight."

"I know, mate." Remus said.

"Or maybe she knew it already but was just pretending. Merlin I hate her!" He said, suddenly getting up. "Neither of us deserve this, alright? She betrayed us and we can do better. Now we need to stop moping around and get a life." He sounded angry and meant every word  he said. "Sirius, mate, I understand you are hurting and take your time, but sooner or later, you need to get over her. She is a lost cause. You'll find many more and much better. I can't sit around and starve myself  just because my... my sister became one of them. I suggest you do the same."

Peter stared at him in shock and Remus seemed to be lost in thought when Padfoot whined. 

"We should go for lunch. I am starving." James said. "Moony? Wormy? You coming? I'd much rather be with people who won't betray me."

Sirius looked with a heavy heart as his friends left the room. James was so wrong about her. His sister was about to risk her life for the greater good and he had no idea. He wanted to make it easier for her and just tell his friends but he couldn't. 

It was not his decision to make.

Juli's POV

"Nope. Absolutely not." Juli exclaimed and stood up as Regulus watched her amusingly. "I am never talking to Severus. Never. He is a git!"

They were sitting by the Lake, talking in hushed tones.

"Why not? You will have to do it sooner or later." He asked, trying to suppress a smile.

"Because... because he is a git! That's why!"

"Oh, I thought this was because he called your best friend a mudblood." He said.

Juli paused for a second, taking in his words. "Well, she is one, isn't she? And what is the matter with you? I thought you believed me but you keep bringing up my old friends!"

Regulus rolled his eyes. "I never said I believed you. I just implied that we are friends."

"Friends believe each other. You also told me about joining the Dark Lord and I believed you." She said, sounding hurt. She hoped that he didn't mean it.

"Friends also don't lie to each other, Potter!" He retorted. "You hate Mulciber and Avery and you would rather die than join them. As far as the Dark Lord is concerned, I am not sure, but what is it to you that I join him? You want to do it, too, don't you? Mulciber, Avery and Macnair have already done it."

Juli exhaled sharply. "I am done arguing with you, Reggie. Believe me if you want to, or don't. It doesn't matter As far as becoming a death eater, it is my choice."

"So is mine!"

"You are 15, Regulus!" She exclaimed.

"This is ridiculous, Juli! I don't want to talk about it." He said and walked away angrily.

Juli leaned back against the tree tiredly but a triumph smile made it's way onto her face as she realized that she had 3 names for Dumbledore already.

But then the truth hit. One day, she had to be one of them, too.