4.

A silence was spread over the Potter Manor on the bright and early morning of Christmas Eve as the twins slowly crept down the stairs. Grabbing their coats, they gently opened the door and stepped outside.

"It's still dawn. We should be able to make it in time." James told Juli, breathing in the fresh, crisp air.

She nodded gladly and they made their way forward into the dark. They walked in a comfortable silence till they reached a place which looked like the edge of a cliff.

A huge grin plastered on their faces, they sat down staring at the horizon. It looked serene. With no bustling activities and the sun slowly rising up, making the sky a shade of yellow, red and orange.

"Hey, Juli?" James spoke softly with concern.

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something"

Juli turned her neck to look at him. Taking this as the permission to go on, he continued

"Things are bad at Sirius' house. His parents are upset that he is - not like them, you know. A Slytherin who hates muggleborns."

Juli nodded.

"They have been awful to him. Maybe even have used the Cruciatus Curse on him" James shuddered at the thought as Juli gaped at him.

"So I offered that he could come over during Christmas and live with us. Mum and Dad already know and they have readily accepted."

"So this is what that conversation on the platform was about." She realized.

"Yes. And I didn't want to keep you in the dark."

"Thank you, Jamie, I appreciate it."

James looked on the verge of tears. Putting her arms around his shoulders, she whispered kindly, "It'll be alright. And if he does come here, we'll make sure he has a merry Christmas and feels loved, yeah?"

He nodded gratefully and went back to enjoying the scenic beauty.

The twins decided to head back as the sun rose.

"So you and Peter, huh?"

Juli's face went red. "What do you mean?"

"Oh come on! Everyone in the room but Peter can see how much you like him." He wiggled his brows at her.

"Oh shush" she replied grinningly.

"Mum? Dad?" Juli asked entering the house.

"Oh, good. You're back. Let's have breakfast now, shall we?" They heard Euphemia's voice from the dining room.

They seated themselves opposite Fleamont who lowered down the Prophet to look at them.

"What?" James questioned his look.

"Can you for one day not do that? It's been 6 years."

"No can do, Dad" Juli replied with a smug expression. "Watching the sunrise together at Christmas time is our tradition and a promise we intend to keep."

Fleamont smiled at his children and went back to reading.

Suddenly, a loud, urgent knock was heard on the door. James got up hurriedly and went to open the door.

He came back inside after a few minutes dragging a trunk and a scared looking Sirius. Everyone was shocked and worried.

"I am sorry for barging in like this Mr. Potter, Mrs. Potter, Juli. I needed to get away from Grimmauld for some time" He told them, not quite meeting their eyes.