1.

"Seriously, Jamie? What'd you do that for?" Jueliette asked rolling her eyes at her brother when the red-headed girl slammed the compartment door shut.

The train had just started and her brother and his new friend had already managed to annoy someone.

"Chill out, Juli. It was nothing" he shrugged non-chalantly.

She couldn't care less about the boys' shenanigans and went back to looking out the window. It was beautiful and she couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts.

She also knew that it was very rude of James to make fun of someone he barely knew.

Should I do something about it? Should I confront James? But he probably won't care

"Did you hear what I said? You are doing that thing again"

Juli had zoned out and snapped back into reality when James shouted in her face. Sighing, she looked at the duo questioningly.

"We are arriving soon. You should probably change into your robes." his friend, Sirius, replied.

She nodded and went to look for the bathroom.

Taking this as an opportunity to talk to the ginger girl, she searched the compartments and finally found her in one towards the end of the train. Entering, she pulled a friendly hand out to her. "Hey! I am Juliette Potter. You can call me Juli." The Ginger smiled widely at her and took it. "Lily Evans. And this is Severus Snape." Juli smiled at the boy but he just gave her a small nod. "I am sorry for my brother. He can be a bit unkind at times." The apology was directed towards Severus but he just mumbled something under his breath without looking at her. She glanced at Lily who just shrugged it off. "We will reach soon." she told them before walking out their compartment.

* * * * *

They reached the station and heard a booming voice shout," Firs' years this way! Come on now! Towar's the boats." Juli got into a boat with James and Sirius. Two other boys who introduced themselves as Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew climbed in with them.

The castle finally came into view. It was the most magnificent castle she had ever seen. She let out a small gasp as James laughed lovably at her reaction. Peter was very bubbly with excitement and looking towards the castle in awe. Remus looked nervous. As if he was not sure if coming to Hogwarts was a good idea.

Did he not want to come to Hogwarts?

"Are you twins?" Peter asked Juli.

"Yes. And I am older!" James shouted before she could even respond. She glared at him.

"By 3 hours, James."

"Still counts."

Juli thought she heard Remus chuckle lightly. She looked at him carefully now. His shoulders drooped as if he was exhausted, seemed skinny and his eyes had sadness in them.

Suddenly the boat tilted a bit and her face was splashed with water from the side. James laughed as she scowled playfully at him.

"Not the hair, Jamie!" she tried hiding her grin but couldn't. She had long, shiny, black hair which James claimed was NOT better than his. She claimed the opposite.

* * * * *

They reached the castle and went inside towards the Great Hall.

A stern looking woman in dark green robes greeted them. "Welcome all! I am Professor McGonagall, the head of Gryffindor house. The sorting ceremony will begin shortly. The 4 houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Treat your house as your family. Work hard and behave well to earn points. Breaking the rules or indiscipline will cost you points."

What if I am not a Gryffindor like mum and dad? Jamie will hate me if I am not in Gryffindor

"You will hate me if I am put in Slytherin!" she blurted out to James. He stared at her as she laughed nervously. "You are my favourite person in the whole world. I could never hate you, Juli."

She tried to take comfort in his words and managed a small smile."You are my most favourite person, too, Jamie"

He held her hand grinningly as they walked into the Great Hall. The night sky looked beautiful and the twins were more excited than ever.

Butterflies rose into Juli's stomach as the Sorting Hat completed its song and the first student was called upon.

"Ravenclaw!" the hat shouted. They witnessed the ceremony as Sirius, Remus and Peter were sorted into Gryffindor. Even Lily became a Gryffindor.

"Potter, James." Professor McGonagall called. James squeezed her hand gently and walked to the hat. The Hat sat on his head for no longer than 3 seconds. "GRYFFINDOR"

Obviously

The Gryffindor table roared and welcomed him with loud cheers.

"Potter, Juliette"

She locked eyes with James and he smiled at her reassuringly. Walking up to the stool, she looked around and saw everyone waiting patiently. It was quiet. Disturbingly so.

"Hmm you have no idea the potential you have. You can climb mountains and brave the seas. GRYFFINDOR"

She sighed happily and took off the hat. She ran towards the table and excitedly sat down by her brother who gave her a hug. "Maybe you won't hate me after all"

"Oh, Juli! I couldnt hate you even if I wanted to"

Dumbledore then got up and gave the start of term notices.

Who even cares about forbidden forests or what Mr Filch and his cat have to say

Her attention was brought back when the food appeared and they all dug in. She chatted with Lily who didn't seem to like James very much and got to know her brothers' new friends. Sirius looked a bit terrified but happy, nonetheless. James was glad that 'Snivellus' was not in Gryffindor.

After a satisfying meal, the prefect took them towards the common room and told them about the rules and the moving staircases.

"Fairylights" The portrait hole swung open and they entered the Gryffindor common room. It looked cozy and felt like home. But again, home for the twins was wherever the other twin was.

James shared a dorm with Sirius, Remus, Peter and a guy named Frank Longbottom.

Juli was in the same dorm as Lily, Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadows and Alice Fortecue. Her bed was near the window and Lily chose the one next to her.

'I cannot wait for classes to start tomorrow", said Lily. "But I am too tired to even think after the long train ride"

Juli nodded at her and laid down. She slumbered into a deep sleep as her head touched the pillow. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

This is my first try at writing so please let me know what you think.

Also, James and Juliette are the absolute best! <3