84.

TW: Abuse, mentions of death

"Again!" Mulciber shouted as Juli flinched. "You need to mean them, Potter! This is the least one can do! What am I going to say to the Dark Lord if you can't do even the most basic of spells!"

"I am trying!" Juli cried, concentrating on her words and wand movement. "Crucio!" She shouted, but the stray cat in front of her didn't even budge.

How could it? She needed to mean the curse and she could never hurt someone innocent. Even if she could, she didn't want to.

"For Merlin's sake," Mulicber said angrily and pushed her away roughly, pointing his own wand at the cat.

"Can you not!" Juli shouted before she could stop herself. He gave her a questioning look and despite her better judgement, she
carried on. "What is the point of hurting a helpless animal!"

"Oh, I see." He said.

For a moment, she was glad that he was actually considering it but her eyes widened when he turned his wand towards her.

"Mulciber?" She asked with a shaky breath. She desperately looked around to find someone. Anyone. But they were alone.

"Crucio."

Before she realized it, pain shot through her entire body. Pain she had never even imagined could exist.

Her eyes filled with tears as she fell down, twisting in agony. "Please stop." She cried.

He did.

"Your turn." He said, roughly pulling her up, not giving her time to even breathe.

She pointed her wand at the cat as a tear rolled down and mumbled the curse. Nothing happened.

"Do you want me to show you again?" He asked menacingly.

She shook her head and tried again. And again. And again. Nothing happened. She couldn't even make sparks fly out of her wand.

"Enough!" Mulciber shouted. "Watch carefully." He said, and pointed the wand at her again. "Crucio."

This time was not less painful than the last. She fell down to the ground again and thrashed about, crying in pain, begging him to stop.

He didn't.

"Please stop," she cried loudly, praying desperately that someone would find them in the secluded area.

When he finally did stop, she felt like she would pass out.

He tilted her chin up and made her look at him. "If you do not learn this, Juliette, I swear to the Dark Lord, I will be very, very mad. This was not even half of it."

More tears fell but she hastily wiped them away, standing up painfully.

"I will show you the last time." He said moving closer to her.

Fear flooded her mind as she saw the wand in front of her eyes again. "I - but why?"

"Because I enjoy it."

"You sadistic fu-"

"Crucio."

Sirius' POV

They didn't know where to start looking. They checked Hogshead, Madam Puddifoot's, Honeyduke and every place they could think of. Until Remus' werewolf senses heard a faint sound. Someone screaming.

"That way," he said and ran towards the direction of the sound, followed by Lily and the other Marauders.

They stopped dead in their tracks looking at the scene in front of them.

Mulicber with a malicious smile, wand pointed at a screaming and crying Juli on the ground.

"Please stop," she cried, unable to breath. "I am begging you."

"Well, Juliette," he said, moving closer to her. "You should have done better."

Sirius' heart ached and for a few seconds, words left him. But his love's ear piercing, heart breaking scream snapped him out and he took out his own wand, not caring about the mission or consequences. "She said stop." He growled.

Mulciber looked up and grinned at the crowd in front of him. "Looks like we have an audience." He said, and pointed his wand at them.

Juli felt the pain suddenly go away but it still felt intense. Her whole body ached. She sat up and faced Sirius, still in shock.

Before he could say anything, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she passed out.

"Too weak." Mulicber sighed and pulled her up, throwing her arms around his shoulders to support her.

"Don't touch her." James said angrily.

"And let her go!" Lily said.

"We won't ask again, Mulciber." Remus added, drawing his own wand out.

"You know," Mulciber said. "She got good scores but doesn't know much. Maybe it is me but I consider myself to be a great teacher. Although, there is someone who is better than me. And all of you."

"What are you talking about?" Sirius asked impatiently, walking slowly towards him.

"One more step Black and I end her right here."

"Expelliarmus." He said, but the sight of Juliette unconscious had wavered his concentration. The spell hadn't even hit Mulciber before the red sparks faded away.

"Well, I suppose someone else will teach her."

"What the hell do you mean?!" Sirius asked again, his eyes not leaving Juliette's unconscious body.

"It will be Juli's greatest honour and privelege to learn from the Dark Lord himself."

Before Sirius had the chance to run at him, he picked up Juli's wand from the floor and with a victorious smirk, disapparated away.