13.

Juli had forced James to do his homework and he had finally succumbed. He was in the common room completing his essay on Freezing Spell while Peter was completing his Potion' essay.

"I have no idea what happiness do you get from this." James said.

"The joy of...uh.. completion. Yes." She argued.

James looked at her and rolled his eye. "That is not even a thing. Right Pete?"

Things were still awkward between Peter and Juli. He shrugged in response, not bothering to look up from his books.

"Why did I even think you could do your homework." She joked.

"Your problem, Sis."

"Wish Lily was here. Then you could have at least written more than the title." She smirked at him.

"Make fun of me all you want, I don't care." He said, his face going red.

"Yeah? Then why are you blushing?" She laughed, hitting him lightly on the head.

He groaned and buried his face into his books.

"Now, now, Potter, that is no way to treat your books if you want Lily to be impressed."

He looked up and saw Sirius walking towards him.

"Where were you anyway?" He asked.

"With Lily." Sirius said as if it was not a rare occurrence.

"WHAT?" James got up in an instant.

"Not that way, you idiot! We were just hanging out and talking."

"Since when?" Juli looked shock. She remembered what had happened during Christmas holidays and answered herself before Sirius could. "Since Christmas." She smiled at Sirius and he smiled back. Not his mischievous and playful smirk, but his genuine smile. She felt her heart warm at the sight.

"Besides," He looked at James and continued, "She had to go to the library and while coming back, something occupied me."

"Someone or something?" Peter coughed.

Juli's smile vanished as she realized where he had been.

What do I care anyway? It is nice he is having fun snogging girls in cupboards.

"Hey!" Dorcas sat down beside Juli with Marlene by her side.

"Missed me, anyone?" Marlene chuckled.

"Oh, you wish, Marls. They were too busy missing me to take time out for anyone else." Sirius replied, smirking.

"You two shouldn't be in the same room together." James sighed.

"But we are the ones who bring charm to it." She laughed and high-fived Sirius.

"But anyway, guess who I saw?" He said.

"Sirius, there are a lot of people in this school. This could take all night." Dorcas told him.

The portrait door swung open and Lily entered the room She sat on the sofa near Sirius. and put her elbow on Sirius' shoulder for support.

"Hey guess who I saw?" He asked her excitedly.

She thought for a moment. "Remus?"

"See! She is so smart. Got it correct in the first guess." He exclaimed.

She leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "Actually, I saw him when I was going to the library."

Ignoring her, he said, "Remus! Our Remus!"

"Yeah, so? We see him everyday?" Marlene laughed.

"No, no. You don't get it. I saw Remus... WITH A GIRL!"

Everyone fell silent for a second.

"Were they doing anything?" Lily enquired.

"Just talking."

Everyone now seemed to be coming back to their senses.

"Wow. You think something can happen between them?" Juli asked Sirius.

"Yeah, maybe. She looked our age and is in Ravenclaw. If something does happen, I can teach him." He laughed.

"Yeah, you must know a lot." James retorted.

"As a matter of fact, I do." He grinned. "You know, speaking from experience, girls especially like it when you-"

"Shut up, Sirius! I think we can manage without your tips." Peter gave him a disgusted look.

Juli felt angry at Peter's words. As if he had committed a crime. Sirius was quick to notice this. He got up from the sofa and sat near her, facing James.

Everybody had now started discussing Remus and the Ravenclaw girl. Even Lily seemed to be talking to James about this.

"All okay?" Sirius softly asked Juli.

"I thought I was over what Peter had done, but hearing him talk about this makes me... "

"Angry." Sirius completed her sentence and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. In that moment, the world seemed to be perfect for her. She nodded at him and sighed happily.

Everyone was too busy discussing Remus to notice him enter the room.

"What's with all the chaos?" He asked.

"So, Moony, who was she?" James teased.

"You- you know?" His face went red as he tried to hide his smile.

"Sirius saw you. He came in and told us." James answered.

He glared at Sirius who just laughed. "Well, she is in our year, Ravenclaw. She was in the courtyard reading my favourite book. So I went up to her and talked."

"That's a lie, Remus. Tell us the truth." Marlene gave him a look.

"It is not."

"Stop wasting time and just tell us." Lily encouraged.

"Fine," He groaned. "She caught me staring. I was making sure if it was the same book or not and she noticed me."

Everyone burst into laughter, including Remus himself.

"You think something will happen with you and her?" Dorcas asked this time.

"Maybe. I mean, I am not sure, but I like her." He replied.

Marlene patted his shoulder as James and Sirius whistled.

"Wait, wait." Lily interrupted. "What's her name?"

His eyes lit up, "Amethyst."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Awkward Remus is love haha!
Please vote and lemme know what you think.
Thank you <3