15.

James and Juli were pacing up and down the hallway of the Manor, occasionally sharing worried glances. "He said that he will be here, didn't he?" Juli asked.

"Yes, while we were getting down the train." James answered.

Lily emerged from the living room and dragged them both there. "He will be here. Very soon. Don't worry."

The sight of Lily soothed James and he managed to sit down, but legs still bouncing nervously.

Lily whispered to Juli, "What are you gonna do about it?"

"What?"

"Sirius likes you. So do you. And don't deny it. I know you do."

"Nothing." She sighed, "He likes a lot of girls. I am no different."

"That's not tr-"

There was a knock on the door. Surprisingly, Lily was the first one to lose her cool and jump to open the door. She ran and put her arms around Sirius the moment he came into view.

"Merlin Lily! Easy there. I am fine."

James and Juli joined them, too.

Juli lingered for a little longer before letting him go and he instantly started missing the comfort her arms provided.

"Lunch is ready, children." Euphemia called. Sirius put his trunk in James' room and joined everyone at the table. "Where are Remus and Peter?" He asked.

"Remus will be here after the moon." Juli told him, not bothering to answer about Peter. "I think Dad is not very fond of Peter after what happened with Juli and him." James added.

"Sirius how is your brother doing?" Lily asked.

"He is okay, I suppose."

"How did you manage to leave?"

"Well, the Potters are a pure blood family but still considered to be blood traitors. It took some convincing and lots of anger but I got out somehow."

"I am glad you are here." She smiled. "I didn't want to leave without meeting you."

"You're leaving? Already?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, after lunch. We are going to my aunt's during summer."

"Let us know if your sister troubles you or anything." She just laughed in response and went back to eating. "I think you should tell him." She whispered to Juli after a few seconds.

"No. I shouldn't. Besides, there is nothing to tell."

"Juli," she paused, "you talked about how beautiful his stormy grey eyes are for 20 minutes. It is obvious you like him. For me? Please?"

"Fine, but you will have to keep James busy." She teased.

"He is an arrogant toe rag!" Juli glared at her. "Ugh okay."

They all got up and were going upstairs when Lily said, "James, can we talk?"

His eyes lit up and he ruffled his hair, making it messier. "Sure, Flower. Finally agreed to go out with me?" She dragged him upstairs, giving Juli and Sirius time to talk alone.

"Sirius"

"Juli"

They said at the same time. "I missed you."

"Yeah, people tend to do that when it comes to me." He laughed, but added with a sincere smile, "I missed you, too."

She sighed sadly, "You don't get it, Sirius. I missed you. More than before, and in a different way."

He moved closer to her. Now there was only a few centimetres of gap between them.

"Me, too, Juli." He caressed her cheek. Juli looked into his grey eyes with understanding, understanding that Sirius had never seen before. He felt like he belonged. Looking back into her eyes and then glancing down at her lips, he softly kissed her.

Juli pressed her forehead against him and kissed him again. This time, it was different. It was passionate, unlike any kiss Juli had before. Her hand was in his hair while his was on her neck and other on her back, pulling her closer towards him, if that was even possible.

They both stopped to breathe looking into his eyes.

"We can't, Sirius." It took everything in Juli to say that.

"Shh... I know, I know. Just a minute." He sounded upset, too. He kissed her once again before letting her go. Juli let herself be in his warmth for a few seconds.

"We should go back upstairs, before Lily kills James." She said.

They made their way upstairs and saw Lily facing away from James, arms crossed. James stood there, looking at her with a cocky grin. Juli nodded at her and mouthed a "thank you" before glancing at Sirius again. He had the same sad look as her in his eyes.

"What are you going to do about Mulciber?" Lily asked Juli, trying to reduce the tension in the room.

"Well, I have to avoid him for only one more year. That is easy." She said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, Jules. We got you." James said.

"Yeah. We won't let anything happen to you." Sirius added. Juli felt her cheeks warm at his words and smiled.

"I will be leaving now." Lily said, looking at her best friend.

"I'll miss you, Juli." She hugged her. She then moved on to Sirius to do the same. "You, too, Sirius. Write to me, okay?" He nodded. "See you at Diagon Alley for shopping." She waved lightly at James and he replied with a wide grin. She would never admit it but Juli knew that James' concern for her and his friends had melted Lily's heart.

"I'll walk you to the door." She offered. "Mum and Dad said that they wanted to meet you before you left."

"Sure. See you, boys."

Sirius looked longingly at Juli when she left the room with Lily.

"Hey, Sirius?" James brought his attention back to him.

"Yeah?"

He looked firm. "Juli is off limits."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Poor Sirius :/

Please vote and lemme know what you think.

Thank you! <3