89.

Sirius' POV

Sirius' POV

Euphemia and Fleamont had been asked to leave. They were assured that Juliette would be taken care of.

Sirius, James, Remus, Peter and Lily were now seated around Juli's bed, waiting patiently. She was staring into nothing, not making eye contact with anyone.

Sirius slowly moved his hands towards her. His fingers had barely touched her when she jerked and pulled her hand away, as if he would hurt her.

He frowned and looked at the others in confusion, who had similar expressions. He then sat down beside her, keeping some distance between them. "What happened, love?" He asked, his loud, excited voice now gentle and full of love.

"I erm, need to tell you something." She said.

Sirius could sense she was nervous. He just wanted to hold her and tell her it was okay. Tell her how sorry he was for failing her. That he would never ever let anything happen to her. "What is it, Love?"

She finally looked at him, and others, a tear rolling down. "I - I had missed - I was late by 2 weeks... I kept thr - throwing up... "

Sirius' eyes widened as he realized what all this could mean. James was on the edge of his feet and was gripping Lily's hand. Remus looked like he would to explode and Peter was waiting for her to go on.

"Madam Pomfrey confirmed. She said I am er, three weeks pregnant."

"What?!" James said, standing up suddenly.

No one missed how Juli flinched and moved towards the edge of the bed, away from him.

"Oh...Jules, I am so sorry... I - I didn't mean to..." He said, regretting his reaction. "I meant that... I am happy for you. Really."

She looked at Sirius worriedly, exchanging a knowing look.

"But we haven't..." Sirius said, voice trailing off. "It's been a long time."

His blood boiled at the thought of what Mulciber had done. He wanted to make sure that he would never walk again but right now, he had more important matters.

"I need to talk you..." Juli said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Everyone but Sirius stood up and with a sympathetic, sad look and left the room to give them privacy. He waited for everyone to get out of ear shot and then turned to her.

"Tell me, Juliette."

"I - I don't know..." she sighed. "Say something."

As much as he wanted to, he didn't wrap his arms around her. "Can you - can you tell me what happened?"

She didn't look back at him and they sat in silence for a few minutes. Sirius felt the bed shift and she moved closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder.

He understood how much efforts it had taken for her to do that so he slowly, cautiously moved his arm around her. Her head was now on his chest.

"It - once - I was passed out for a week. That's when."

White, hot anger flashed before Sirius. He had never hated anyone more. Mulciber had put Juliette through so much that she couldn't even speak. He had used her when she was unconscious. Vulnerable. At her most weak point. He could feel her shaking and pulled her closer.

His whole skin felt on fire. He felt helpless and weak. He realized that there was one person he hated more than Mulciber and it was himself. It was all his fault. 

He shouldn't have taken her too see Dumbledore after her dream. He should have stopped her before she got herself into this mission.

It was all. his. fault.

He was filled sadness, anger and guilt at the same time and before he realized, he was sobbing. He had never cried like this. Not even on those nights when Juliette's worry had filled his mind.

He hated this. He hated everything that had happened to his love and that he was to be blamed for it.

He felt her skinny arm snake around his waist as she moved even further close into him, cupping his cheek with one hand.

That is when he realized how wrong this was. He should be the one consoling her. Not the other way around. So he wiped his eyes and placed a small kiss on her head.

He felt a small shiver run through her but she didn't pull away. So he didn't either.

The only thing that bothered him was that she hadn't cried. A few tears, but she had not cried. He wanted to think that she was strong, but something told him she was in denial.

They sat there for hours. He was just happy to be back with her. Until a very disturbing thought occurred to him.

"Juliette?" He asked.

She looked up at him.

"He erm, he didn't do it again, did he?"

She simply stared ahead again and waited for a few moments before answering. "No."