5.

The students of Hogwarts were pulled back into work and piles of essays just as Christmas was over. No one wanted to study but for good grades, but they were forced to.

The only people managing their work just fine and regularly were Lily, Juli and Remus.

Although this did not distract Juli even in the slightest from pranking everyone and escaping detention every time.

"This is not fair!" James cried. "We pull off these great pranks together and yet you are the only one who escapes when we get caught."

Juli had now stopped entertaining such protests from the boys and would simply laugh it off.

Even with the exams drawing closer, the 3 boys along with Juli were able to spend some time in the library, trying to know more about Remus' mum's condition.

The time which was not spent pranking, in classes or worrying about Hope Lupin was spent studying for the exams.

It was becoming a bit stressful but with Lily's help, Juli managed to devote sufficient time to studies.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any luck finding something in the books about Muggles so they switched to magical diseases.

By now that exams were only a month away, the number of pranks each day had reduced and everyone had started studying sincerely, including James, Sirius and Peter.

"I don't think I will be able to survive these exams" Sirius huffed.

" 'Course you will." Remus said. "Besides, this is the first year. We have a lot more to come."

"Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to manage it either" Marlene added.

"You will, Marl, don't worry" Alice reassured.

"Come on, everyone. We need a break." Juli announced, getting up.

"No, I am not going anywhere" Lily replied tensely.

"You most certainly are" and Remus dragged her up.

They wandered around the castle for a little while but finally gave into Lily's pleads to go back.

"You'll kill me one day, Evans" Sirius joked.

"Oh. great! One less annoying person on the Earth"

Sirius opened his mouth but closed it again when he could not think of anything to say.

Juli noticed James looking at Lily fondly.

I hear wedding bells...

* * * * *

Everyone came out of their last exam grinning and finally breathing the end of freedom.

"How did it go?" Lily asked everyone.

"I think I did acceptable in History of Magic and Potions." Remus said nervously. "Although I am not sure-"

"Give it a break, Lily. We deserve some relief." Marlene whined.

"Hey, where are Sirius and Peter?" Frank asked, looking around.

Realisation dawned on everyone.

I wanted to ask how he did on his exams.

As if almost on cue, Peter came up from behind Juli. He was panting fast.

"Were you running, Peter?"

"We - Me and Sirius - Library" was all he could manage.

He took James' and Juli's hand and dragged them away from everyone, sprinting.

"Woah, slow down" James tried to say but Peter didn't.

"Or don't. I love this." Only James heard Juli say this and smirked.

Peter finally came to a haul when they reached Sirius in the library

"What's going on?" James was panting now, too.

Sirius looked as if he had seen a ghost outside of Hogwarts.

James and Juli peered into the book Sirius was reading.

"He can't be. No!" Juli exclaimed.

"It all makes sense." Sirius said softly.

"What if - what if he does something to us?" a scared Peter asked.

"He would never ever hurt us. He is the most gentle person we have met." James voice was firm.

"Only one way to find out." Sirius had finally gotten his words back.

"Let's wait till summer break is over. We need some time without worrying about anything else. Besides, Remus is our friend and we believe in him." Juli's eyes were full of kindness.

We'll love you no matter what, Rem. We are here for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: No more filler chapters. This one is extremely short so now I can move on to the story in the next ones.

Lemme know what you think.