43.

"Why am I supposed to drag him away from Emily?" Lily whined. They were seated around the coffee table in the common roon. "And why can't we drag Emily away from him? That will be easier."

"Because Lily-flower," James said in his highly sweet voice, "He won't listen to anyone but you, all you have to do is shed a few tears about something and he'll follow. To answer your second question, Emily won't leave him alone for anyone." He shrugged.

Peter cleared his throat and smirked at Lily, "But two anyones can drag her away." His eyes darted between Remus and James.

"Oh, hell no!" Remus glared. "No way I am talking to her, let alone dragging her whatsoever."

Lily turned to look at James and he was slowly backing away. "Oh, come on, James! Can't you do this little thing for your best friend and his fake obsession?" She batted her eyelids at him but ended up laughing as he blanched.

"We have been planning this for 2 weeks. We can't change the plan now." He protested.

"Emily seems to have an obsession with famous people. Good luck, you two." Peter laughed and held his hand out for Lily. "We're gonna go and check the 6th floor classroom."

Lily took it and they went towards the portrait door, "See you soon, Emily Charmers." She chuckled and walked out the portrait hole.

* * * * *

"You've got to stop doing that to the grass." Regulus commented when he saw Juli plucking out the grass around her. She was seated under a tree by the black lake, probably thinking about Sirius and Emily, he assumed. "How would you like it if I plucked your hair out like that?" He went and sat dowm beside her, bumping her shoulder with his to get her attention.

"Well, Reg, if you did pluck out my hair," She snorted, "I would kill you." She then gave him one of her sweetest smiles.

"Okay, Miss Kill Me, easy there."

They sat in comfortable silence, staring at the lake ahead and the sunset.

"You don't need to be here, you know?" Juli said, turning towards him. "Just because I can't watch your brother's tongue down someone's throat doesn't mean you should keep me company." She laughed dryly.

"Oh, you mean, someone's throat that isn't yours?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Shut up, Black." She hit him playfully, a pink blush forming on her cheeks.

"Besides, I want to be here. You are not like my other friends." He smiled and turned his gaze towards the setting sun.

She smiled in response. The light from the setting sun highlighted his feautures which were similar to Sirius'. It was then that she looked at him carefully. He seemed tired and had bags under his eyes, like he hadn't been sleeping properly.

"You okay, Reggie? You look exhausted." She asked.

"I am dandy, Potter. Don't worry." He smirked.

For some reason, she wasn't entirely conviced but chose to let it go and decided to be in the moment with him.

She suddenly heard a high pitched giggle behind her, the one she absolutely loathed. "Oh you've got to be kidding me." She huffed.

"Take it easy, Juli. It's not like she's coming to talk to us." Regulus found her reaction to Emily's presence amusing.

They turned their heads around and saw James and Remus with her, laughing and enjoying the conversation.

"No, this isn't happenning." She stood up and brushed out the grass from her lap.

Regulus gave her a quizzical look.

"She already has Sirius wrapped around her finger. James and Remus are not necessary."

Regulus followed her from a distance as she reached the three. "Where do you think you're going? What's going on here?" She demanded.

Emily frowned at her sight. "You see, Juli," She said her name with contempt. "I was going to meet Sirius when these two said they wanted to show me the beautiful sunset. Then they said they would have their meal with me at dinner. It's sweet of them, isn't it?

Juli's hand twitched around her wand but she could not let her anger and disgust get the best of her so instead, she looked at James and Remus. "Un-freaking-believable." She glared at them and left, waving a good bye to Regulus with a smile and going to look for Lily.

She felt frustrated and angry. Why were they talking to her? And James, he had promised to help her. How could he do this? Muttering the password, she stormed into the common room, bumping into Peter.

"I am sorry." They said in unison.

"You look rattled. Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah, but it's just... I saw Remus and Jamie with Emily, showing her the sunset and having dinner plans and what not." She felt so angry that she thought smoke would start erupting from her ears soon.

Peter nodded in understanding. "We have something to show you." He told her. "Get your coat, we might have to miss dinner."

"We?"

"Lily and I. Hurry." He pushed her towards her dorm's staircase.

"Woah, hey, guys!" She said embarrassed as she walked in on Marlene and Dorcas busy on Dorcas' bed.

"You could've knocked." Marlene said, blushing and adjusted her top.

"You could've locked!" Juli replied, just as flustered. "I just need my coat and then you can lock the door." She said, and poked her head in after closing the door, "You are really cute together, by the way."

Resulting Marlene and Dorcas to erupt into giggles.

She saw Peter standing by the portrait hole with fruits, pudding and butterbeer in his hands, and the map in his mouth.

"When did you get all that?" She laughed and took the map from his mouth.

"Courtesy of Nippy, the house elf. I have a lot of connections in the kitchen." He joined in on the laughter.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." Juli whispered when they stepped out into the empty corridor and writing began to appear on it.

"Look for Lily and Padfoot."

"This is amazing

"This is amazing." She sighed. She opened it and spotted Lily and Sirius on the 6th floor. "Why are they there? Why are we skipping dinner? What are you upto?" She asked, figuring out that there was a connection between what James and Remus were doing and this.

"You'll see." Peter said. "Lily had to say that she was taking him to Emily when she didn't show up and he got all weepy."

Weepy?? Juli stopped in her tracks as realisation dawned on her and anger surged through her once again. But more than anger, it was hurt and pain, "If you're making me a part of some elaborate plan to bring the two lovebirds closer I swear I will-"

"Calm down, it's not, what you think. It doesn't take a genius to see that he isn't in love with her." Peter said.

He isn't in love with her, but it looks like he is, Juli thought, blinking away the tears.

Little did she know what her friends had planned.