Chapter 9

Zouis star here bc I'm Zouis af ok deal with it. But also Harry and Laney action. Also gif on the side isn't really relevant just Chloe *heart eyes*

Chapter 9

I lay in Harry's arms, overwhelmed with some feeling of security, despite him being the one to lock me up. I wasn't sure how to respond to his words, so I said nothing and only held onto him, burrowing my face in his chest. I chose to speak and nodded. "Okay. I promise." The promise was careless since if I were to be presented with the chance to get away, I'd probably take advantage of it, but in the moment we both seemed too vulnerable; there wasn't any other way to respond.

There was silence from that point and then he lifted me up, carrying me up out of that dark dungeon and up to his room where I was laid in his bed. Strangely, it's become a place of comfort and when he began to leave me alone I said, "Wait."

He stopped and dropped his hand from reaching for the door. "Yes?"

I looked down and clenched my jaw lightly. "Uh. Can you, can you stay?"

His expression smoothed out and he was silent as he took off his shoes and walked around the bed, getting inside. I pressed myself against him, glad for the contact and he said, "I really am sorry."

After a moment with my thoughts becoming hazy and words slurred and quiet, I accepted his apology. "I forgive you, Harry."

-

I've been here for nearly a week and even after my promise to never leave Harry, he was smart enough not to let me out the house again. This was why I'd had to shop for my new room's furniture and decorations online. And after multiple complaints and arguments about how I now have nothing to do (since school is out for me), I was one day approached by Louis and Zayn.

I had been sitting down in a room a bit farther into the chateau, as I'd been told it's called, sitting down on a step into a fancy room with fancy furnishing and a fancy piano when the pair had taken it upon themselves to sit so I was crammed between them.

"Hello, Laney," Louis greeted in his soft and raspy tone. I glanced at Zayn but he only smiled in greeting.

"Uh, hi," I responded.

"Since I myself am quite the nosy lad I couldn't help but hear the lovers' quarrels between you and Harry," he began, putting his arm around me.

My eyes widened and my face flushed with color as I said, "We're, we're not lovers?"

"Well if you share a bed and aren't related might as well say so," he quipped much to my shock. My head turned to Zayn who only made an expression of agreement and in horror I hid my face in my hands. Did everyone know we slept together?

"Back to what I was saying, if you really are as bored as you consistently drone about, I believe if you want you can get in on what we do as a job," he continued.

At the mention of this "job" they do in which Harry tried to keep hush hush with me, I straightened out a bit. "Really?"

He smirked. "Adorably ambitious," he said, looking over me at Zayn who once again spoke without words, using his own smirk and slight nod to agree.

"Wait, what exactly is your job?" I asked curiously.

Louis' eyes narrowed slightly, but surprisingly Zayn was the one to speak. "Almost like agents, wouldn't you say so, Lou?"

Louis seemed incredibly thankful for Zayn's simile as he smiled and said, "Thank you, Zayn, yes I would say so." I tried to take that into consideration but he continued talking. "To summarize: our next assignment is... getting a hold of a chip from a certain lad..." He criticized me as he added, "That has a son who is quite fond of the ladies."