Chapter 18*

Mature content ahead.

Chapter 18

In bed I kept on trying to figure out where we were supposed to go from here. Where was I supposed to go from here? Whatever resolve I'd had with hating him was shattered, just like that, within a few days. I couldn't pin the moment where I had opened myself to him too much. I started to think it was when I was at my weakest. I first felt it when he consoled me after what happened with Jake. But it only progressed from there.

My thoughts were interrupted when Harry came into the room. My head turned to the side and when I saw it was him I sat up and faced him anxiously. I was wondering what he could possibly have to say to me after what just happened between the two of us. I noticed he had a plate with a few brownies on it and I smiled to myself.

"I brought brownies," he said to me. I could sense that this was going to be an interesting time for us since he was acting as though we didn't just begin to make out.

I smiled and said, "Yum." I looked down shyly. This was going to be a while.

Harry closed the door behind himself and then approached the bed, sticking the plate towards me. I grabbed one and took a bite of it, not really tasting it in the moment since my mind was too focused on what was going to happen from this point on between us.

Harry walked around the bed and then got in beside me, grabbing the TV remote and turning it on. Neither of us said anything as we watched the show that was playing, blankly. I felt like I should say something since he wasn't, but what was I supposed to say? He knew we had to talk about it eventually, and ironically he was the one immaturely trying to ignore it.

I reached for another brownie, eyes on the TV. Conveniently, and in a cliché manner, I ended up touching Harry's hand. We both looked at each other and I retracted my hand slowly. His face flushed, but he tried to play it cool by smiling lightly and chuckling. He shook his head and grabbed one of the treats to eat another one.

I scrunched my nose up angrily and scoffed, getting out of the bed. Once I was up I looked at Harry with a harsh stare and crossed my arms over a chest. He seemed stunned as he looked at me with slightly wide green eyes and pursed lips. He raised his hands and asked, "What?"

I stomped my foot, maybe a bit too childishly, and demanded, "Are you serious?" My mind was blurred as I tried to find words to say, so they all spilled from my mouth without me completely processing them. "Like an hour ago you and I practically made out and all you've done in the past ten minutes is stare at that fucking TV and eat brownies!"

He glared at me, lightly and his body tensed. "You know how I feel about foul language."

"What I don't know is how you feel about me," I argued. "Or-Or how you feel about... about us." He relaxed himself a bit and sighed. "Because," I continued, "I don't think I know how I feel either. Which-Which is why I want us to talk about it." my voice was becoming a plea and he brought his legs up to his chest.

He motioned with his hand and said, "C'mere, Angel." He patted the spot I sat in moments ago beside him and I looked off, feeling angrily rebellious. I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but I knew that that was a lie. I did, because I wanted answers.

I rolled my eyes at him and got in the bed, but not without a pout on my face. I rigidly placed myself beside him and he smirked. "Come on, Angel, don't be a stranger." I almost smiled at the nickname but I wanted to be mad at him still. "Come cuddle," he said quietly.