Chapter 7

This one includes what I'm guessing was one of the original versions best moments... #throwback #right #whytfamiusinghastags #anyways

Chapter 7

In that moment as I saw the car rushing towards me, I could only stare even though I faintly heard voices telling me to move and I even heard Harry's name in there. My fear had paralyzed me so my feet were glued to the ground and my eyes could only look right at what could possibly kill me.

The car jerked abruptly to the side and it honked loudly, making me flinch. I was yanked out of the street and pulled against a chest. Slowly recovering from my shock I held onto this person.

"Jesus, Christ, Lanaura, what were you thinking?" he demanded as I restrained tears. I didn't want to be a sobbing mess again.

"I want to go home," I whispered. "Or-Or at least back to the mansion. I can't shop like this; it's all too much." I bit down on my trembling lip and kept my eyes closed. He pulled away and I looked up with watering eyes. He stared down at me, placing his fingers beneath my chin gently. When I saw that his eyes held pity I looked away.

"I hate crying," I said with resentment, wiping my eyes. "It seems to be all I do now." I bit my nails, a bad habit of mine that only returns these days when I'm nervous or just overwhelmed.

I looked out at the road and realized we were still relatively close to where the rest of the cars are driving and I wanted to get back in the car. I sighed heavily and faced Harry again, pushing back tears.

His expression still held remorse, but he nodded. "Get in the car we can just come back out tomorrow," he compromised.

I nodded in agreement, getting back into the car, seeing the girls sigh in relief I guess. I was partially flattered by their care but I we humiliated too. I just almost got myself killed and to make it worse they just saw me and Harry... wow, we kind of had a moment there didn't we?

As Harry started the car up and began to take us back, I couldn't make my mind forget the tender concern in Harry's voice and the warmth within his arms.

-

When I got to the mansion, a bed was all I wanted. I didn't care that I'd have nothing to do but lay there, because there wasn't anything I wanted to do other than be warm and just try to make myself forget everything.

Especially Harry.

Liam ended up explaining to me that they were trying to clear out a room for me at the moment, but it would take another day or so and I'd be able to look for furnishing tomorrow.

Until then I had taken advantage of Harry's bed once again.

It was uneventful to say the least. All I had to do was watch TV which wasn't active at all, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it because I watched some good stuff.

Even though I'd seen the movie a billion times already, I found myself looking at Roman Holiday at ten o clock in the middle of the night. Prior to that I'd watched some Marilyn, but as I edged onto Audrey, I needed to trace back to one of her earliest movies on Netflix.

I was laid out on the bed just staring at the screen. "I love Gregory Peck," I mumbled to myself.

"I'm going to guess its because of his looks, yes?"

His voice kind of startled me and I sat up cautiously. I saw Harry standing there with his T-shirt on and his homey sweatpants, and strangely a pair of glasses, with an arm over his torso and the other bent so his hand could stroke his chin in consideration. He was looking intently at the TV and he turned his head to look at me. "Or is it something else?"