Chapter 14

Short chapter aha. But early update, right?

Chapter 14

Never in my life have I ever considered this before, but today I felt like cheese. As I lay in my bed trying to find it in myself to relax, there were these holes in and out of me. I didn't know where they were— maybe they were just in my mind. They could've been in my soul, my heart or maybe it was some other part of me that was Swiss cheese.

I refused to leave my room and I can't say for how long. I stayed in bed constantly and whenever anyone came in to talk to me I ignored them. They couldn't help and they surely couldn't understand.

What hurt me the most was that he hadn't visited yet; I had yet to see Harry again and I began to hate him for it.

"I don't really expect you to speak, Laney, but you have to eat something," Perrie insisted. I didn't even glance at the plate she'd set on my nightstand and she stomped her foot with a groan. "I'm sorry, Laney. I'm sorry you're hurting and I'm sorry I can't possibly understand what you are going through, but you can't just shut everything out like this!"

I didn't say anything to her in response and she said something else. "Dani, can't you talk to her? Tell her about, you know...?"

There was more silence and then footsteps. The door sounded open and then shut. "Dani..." I heard Perrie sigh. "I'll be back later and you better have eaten."

I had thought that I was alone but there was someone left behind. "I know she sounds kind of pushy, but Perrie's just being Perrie," Eleanor laughed nervously. "She... when she cares, she cares with all she can."

I didn't turn my body around to face her and I didn't open my eyes either.

"Laney, I..." She took a long pause and then continued. "Maybe it's just me, but... I feel as though a part of this is... perhaps my fault... and... I just-." It became obvious she was crying as I could hear her voice's thickness and her sniffles. "I shouldn't have made you come downstairs to that stupid party," she cried. "And I am so deeply sorry. And-And I just needed you to know that," she finished. More sniffles followed. "Bye, Laney. I'll be back later to check on you." As always.

And then I was alone again.

Maybe it was because of the holes I had, but I couldn't feel. For a slightest second I felt bad and I wanted to tell her it wasn't her fault, but that went as soon as it came.

The door could be heard opening again and so I sighed. I chose to speak, saying in a scratchy voice, "I'm not hungry, Perrie." I placed a hand over my head as it began to ache, but I put it back down. I was going to ignore it; it would go away, eventually.

"You still need to eat."

The voice made my body stiffen and my eyes opened. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I-I don't want to."

I didn't turn around to see Harry even though I wanted to. How long has it been since I'd seen him or even simply been around him?

 "Well, that's tough love for you, Laney, but you haven't eaten in nearly three days; now sit up and eat," he commanded.

I clenched my fists and I did sit up, dizzily so. I felt urged on by anger though as I turned to face him finally. His eyes were tough as steel, but I didn't let that discourage me. "Seriously?" He only blinked back at me and I shook my head. "After what happened to me you have the nerve to not talk to me for three days and make the first things you say to me about some fucking food?" I demanded.

"Watch your tongue, little girl," he growled and I pushed the covers off of me.

"Or what?" I screamed. "You think I'm scared of you still? No. I know what it's like, now, to really be afraid, to really be alone and it makes your little prison look like a god damn cozy cabin!" Tears were building up in my eyes as I shook from my emotions. "Where were you?" I asked him.