Chapter 19

The italicized text in the beginning is the past.

Chapter 19

Harry ran down the stairs quickly with the keys in his hands, it feeling like a ritual. He pushed doors open and then when he reached the cage like room he unlocked it with the key he had found to it.

Sasha looked up at the sound of the door and smiled brightly. "Harry!" The accent in her voice was dimming, especially since she was constantly forced to fake an American tone around guests.

She jumped up into Harry's arms and Harry kissed her for the first time in months. When he pulled back he explained breathlessly, "He's gone, Sash. We finally have some more time alone together."

Sasha grinned up at him with tears springing in her eyes. She wiped under them. "H-Harry-"

"I know. I know. I'm so sorry, but I'm turning nineteen soon and I've been saving up. I might be able to pay him off and you and I can leave here; forever. Okay?" Harry spoke.

Sasha opened her mouth. "But-"

"No. I'm sick of this. I'm freeing you, even if it means running away," he insisted.

Her jaw dropped a bit and her eyes widened. She reached her hand up to touch his face. "Let's do it."

"What?" Harry answered blankly.

She smiled ecstatically. "Don't you see? Your father won't ever let me leave, Harry! But now." She held his hands and looked into his eyes. "We can run away together. We can finally be together."

Harry stared down at her. He was conflicted. He wanted to save Sasha from his father, but at the same time he was scared of whatever consequences came with defying his father if they were caught. Harry wasn't even supposed to be remote friends with Sasha unless they were around guests, let alone what they had really become: lovers.

He swallowed. "I-"

"He's gone for a whole weekend. We can leave now and never return," she tried reasoning. "We can use the money to build a home!" Sasha's grin was extraordinary. "I've... I've always wanted a family," she admitted quietly. She still mourned the day where her and her sisters were unjustly separated and sold by their father.

Harry stared down at the young girl before him and thought. This girl had been beaten and broken and treated as though she weren't a human.

Except when she's with me, he added. He was her hope. Her only hope. Her only happiness.

And he loved her.

"We'll leave tonight."

-

Harry had gotten out of the bed eventually, telling me that he would be right back and once he'd disappeared my mind slowly began to clear up.

I just made an irrational decision under the influence of my hormones. That was the first thing that came to mind. I was never a sexual person and that was... very sexual. It all just happened so fast, though, that I let it get to me and break me down...

The truly intelligent part of my brain argued back with the truth. What happened wasn't an accident or mistake caused by my biological desires. It came from me and what I wanted. Harry influenced my emotions and my emotions influenced me. Simple as that, right?