Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I hated him. I hated all of them.

As we were riding home I just thought how I hated them. We'd acted innocent as we'd excused ourselves from the party; ironically, and much to my chagrin, they'd used my alcohol poisoning as the reason, saying they all wanted me home or maybe to the hospital. And they'd been so polite and charming as they'd bid goodbyes and that butler (I hated him too) was falling for it, smiling good night only to smugly look at me. I don't know what I had done, but fuck you, too, butler.

Here we were in the car. Harry was sat next to me, but I refused to look at him. I stayed looking out the widow, even though I'm sad to say his touches and weird belly rubs comforted not only my sickness but my emotions. Not enough, though. I was just trying not to throw up or burst into any more tears until I was alone. I despised everyone. They all made bile rise within me. They didn't say it, but I knew. I knew that they knew. I was the only one who wasn't aware of the deaths to happen tonight previous to their occurrence. And I hated it. If I'd known I wouldn't have joined. If I'd known I wouldn't have allowed myself to become close to Alex within the few hours we'd interacted. If I'd known I wouldn't have befriended both the predators and their prey. Because I liked everyone in the car also. But not as much, especially within this moment.

I hated them.

I also felt betrayed, honestly. Not only did they lie, but they'd taken advantage of me. I was bored so "hey, want a fun mission?" And they hadn't thought to tell me not to become attached to him yet no one seemed shocked to find that I was upset about him being murdered.

I felt naïve. Too gullible. I also felt in a sense violated.

When the car came to a stop I got out of the car as quick as I could, running to a bunch of bushes to throw up more. I couldn't see myself drinking again in the future.

The grass was cold against my knees as I crouched down and took a moment to stick my hair into my dress and I held my face in my hands. I was going to start crying again, probably.

I shook my head, especially when I heard footsteps. "Go away," I shooed in a strong yet shaky voice that was hoarse. My mouth tasted awful, too.

"Let's get you inside, Laney, its cold out here," Harry insisted.

"No," I tested. "Leave me out here to die," I mumbled. I heard his sigh and then more footsteps. The moonlight was blocked from me and I felt a jacket placed on me. I pushed if off. "No. Leave me."

"I'm not leaving you out here to die, Lanaura, you're being ridiculous." I tried to stand from the ground and he tried to help me up. I pushed him back and once I was on my feet I glared at him.

"Why not? I just thought maybe you'd want to allow another death tonight since you did so well, earlier," I fought.

He clenched his jaw. "It's complicated-"

"Why didn't you tell me that?" I demanded. "Why did you allow me to go to that party and talk to that boy all the while knowing he was going to die?" I was beginning to cry again. "Why would you do that?"

"It wasn't in the plan to kill him originally, Laney, like I said it's complicated."

I shook my head in disagreement. "No. If you would've explained I would've listened," I continued.

"Just let me help you ins-"

"I don't want your help!" I fired, stepping away from him when he tried to approach me. "I don't want anything to do with you, Harry!" I shouted. "You're a murderer! And you don't even seem to care! Don't talk to me." I tried to walk away, smart enough to go back to the house. If I were to try running off he'd easily catch me and then I'd be in big trouble and I'd be in his arms. I didn't want either of those things, but I knew I actually did want one of them. Walking in the shoes was also a definite struggle so I practically screamed as I got down and took them off. I threw them out into god knows where and then I tried to storm off.