Chapter 10

Um, really long ass chapter and try to keep up, oh shit.

Chapter 10

The remainder of my being prettied or whatever was hell. They had waxed my eyebrows right then (by the way, I'm so lucky Perrie knew what she was doing) and it had been so painful that I had screamed.

My question about the apple in my mouth was answered.

After the waxing I nearly started crying, because shit it'd hurt, but having the girls yell about ruining their hard work helped hold it back. And now I was in a limousine with everyone, sitting quietly while Liam gave me tips.

"Now, Laney, here's what I need you to try to do," he began. I nodded and he went on. "Be active in conversation, so he doesn't forget you, but at the same time don't be too loud or talkative. If he flirts, feel free to flirt back, but if he takes things too far just get away and look for one of us." That sounded pretty easy. He then added, "Also don't drink anything given to you, alright?"

I nodded once more in understanding and he gave me a firm nod in return. "Alright, then,"

I smiled. He smiled back at me and as the car slowed to a stop and everyone began to exit I prepared. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be some sort of Hollywood (or London) carpet thing, but I hoped it wasn't. I was ready to trip in these heels and I wasn't even standing yet.

The car was emptying through pairs and just before I walked out, Harry patted my shoulder. I looked at him and he said, "Be yourself." He smiled and I couldn't help but smile back shyly before I got out the car. It was weird since I had to walk out alone behind Niall and Sophia. It was even weirder because I had thought Sophia was Liam's favorite between her and Danielle.

That entire situation was actually just completely weird to me.

The guy at the front had a very stoic expression as he practically rolled his eyes to me. "Name, Madame?"

I raised my eyebrows, mentally repeating that. Madame? I managed to remember my "cover name."

"Uh, M-Melissa O'Neil," I said with a questioning lilt to my voice at the end.

He looked down at a list of people and his finger traced over the paper while his eyes skimmed. "Ah. Melissa Holt," he said.

I nearly sighed in relief.

"You're Jonathan Holt's sister, right?" he murmured.

"Huh?" was my intelligent response.

"Liss, he means Johnny," Harry said comfortingly behind me, shocking me. I felt his hand on my back and I swallowed at the action, glancing sideways.

I had totally forgotten that I wasn't the only one with a code name. Niall was supposed to be Johnny. They decided the blonde and blue eyes might match us as relatives so he was also supposedly my brother.

"O-Oh. Uh, yeah, I forget that that's his full name," I laughed nervously. "Mom and Dad hardly ever even call him that themselves now." Harry's hand now rubbed circles into my back as if to tell me to calm down or at least to shut the hell up.

The butler scrutinized us, but I kept that same smile on my face, being as innocent and polite looking as I could. He narrowed his eyes but then said, "Go on in."

I wanted to sprint at the opportunity to escape, but I looked at Harry once before going inside. As I did I heard him say formally, "Nicholas Edwards and Elizabeth Jane." God with the long proper titles.

When I got inside the house I heard loud music. Despite how fancy our names were and the house it seemed like one of those trashy parties I saw in high school movies. That kind of irritated me. Especially since the carpet was white. When I got inside I saw that they mostly had what I believed was beer? I wasn't sure, though.