Chapter 20*

Guess who's back back back back again gain gain

Guess who's sorry also ok I'm sorrY. But on the bright side.

Mature content ahead.

Chapter 20

There was this awful feeling at the pit of my stomach, just sitting their toiling. I knew what it was. It was guilt and remorse.

I had to deal with that feeling about as soon as I had gotten to my room and finished crying like a baby. I regretted saying that to Harry and I felt shitty, too. What if I hurt his feelings? The thought upset me and I think the only other alternative that made me feel even worse was what if he didn't even care at all?

It took me forever to sleep and when I finally did, it wasn't long till I woke up terrified.

My body was sweating just barely, causing me to kick and throw the covers off of me, making sounds of frantic panic. Once those were off I looked around the dark room with tears in my eyes. The fear I felt was so overwhelming, but when I wrapped my arms around myself, the emotion that really got to me was the loneliness.

Truth was that I needed Harry.

After getting out of my bedroom into the hallway of the house I was beginning to cool down in temperature. I was only in a large gothic Mickey Mouse T-shirt and a pair of boy shorts, so I was almost a little chilly. The hall was dark and personally, I never liked the dark, so naturally I was riled up.

"Just get to Harry's room," I whispered. I don't know if I was scared or comforted by the fact that we were supposed to be the only two people here.

I was almost there, I realized when I saw the kitchen up ahead. His room was right next to it, thank god. A smile started on my face, but it dropped as I saw a figure walk out of it towards me.

Reflexively, I gasped and backed away. I put a hand up and said, "No," quietly. I knew to call out Harry, so the next sound to escape me was his name in a shrill voice.

"Shh! Angel, it's me, don't be afraid," his voice coaxed as he stepped forward, into better lighting. I winced in relief and ran into him, wrapping my arms around him.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted. "I'm so sorry, Harry, I didn't mean it." Tears were hanging in the ducts of my eyes, so I hoped they wouldn't fall. "I-I only said that b-because I was m-mad." A sob broke through me much to my humiliation.

He held me against him with his arms and used a hand to stroke my hair soothingly. His voice was calm and comforting when he cooed, "Shh. Shh. It's alright, Angel, I understand."

I sniffled and said in a weak voice, "I couldn't sleep without you."

There was a moment before he chuckled and confessed, "I couldn't either. Haven't slept a wink."

Now that my apology was off my chest and Harry was holding me tight, I felt myself drifting off, already. I yawned and asked, "Wh-What were you doing out here?" I covered the yawn with my hand and then swallowed, feeling a dry throat.

"I was getting ice cream," he murmured.

I licked my lips and smacked them around, tiredly. "Yum," I mumbled.

I missed a moment of conscience, because the next time I blinked my eyes he was putting me on his bed.

"Hey, Harry?" I mumbled tiredly without thinking any more.

He was leaning over me, tucking me in like a child. "Yes, Angel?"

I smiled softly, falling into sleep just as I said, "I love you."