Chapter 22

Okay so this wattpad update is a total ass hole that I don't understand (it's been too fucking long since I've written in this bitch) so the format of this is weird and 1. I'm too lazy to fix it and 2. I'm too excited to update and tired to edit this, so bear with me. Comment if you think you see errors and I'll take care of them (like, yes, be my editor in the comms) and also please just comment in general, more readers will create more motivation (tbh bc my life is gonna become really active and hectic, so you guys would give me more purpose yanno). Enjoy! (Song on the side is included in story).

Chapter 22

The drive home was quiet. Not an awkward quiet. I felt completely comfortable and I felt as though the smile on my face made it clear I was caught up in the feeling of being content. So far the night was going... amazing. Was that word too good? Did I jinx the rest of it?

Maybe I did.

The music that played caught my attention. Whoever sang the song held a quality to their voice that made them sound almost as if they were on the verge of tears throughout the song. She was singing about angels and I guess the tragedy of love. At least that's how I heard it.

Once the song ended I shared my thoughts with Harry. "That was beautiful," I said, looking over at him.

He took his eyes off the road a brief moment to meet mine and smiled at me. In agreement, he nodded. "It was." It seemed as though that was all he had to say on the subject so I turned my head back to the window to watch the scenery we passed. But he added after a moment of silence, "It made me think of you."

This statement made me look back at him with a semi-shocked expression. "What? Really?" I questioned with a small smile. "Why is that?"

His mouth opened and his eyes stayed trained on the road ahead. He bit his lip and finally elaborated. "Well, she mentions angels." I tilted my head to the side. "So naturally, I thought of you. My angel," he added softly at the end.

Dumbly, I blinked at him as his words set in. A new smile spread across my face and I think I even blushed a bit. I looked back out the window at all the snow and the trees. Soon I was able to tell we were close to the mansion, because we looked to be in the middle of nowhere.

When we reached the place, we saw a car in the driveway. I furrowed my eyebrow in curiosity and saw Harry's eyes squint. After a second I sucked in air and my face brightened. "Do you think everyone's home?" I asked.

Harry's expression slowly changed. His mouth set in a taut line and he clenched his jaw, which made me wonder what he was thinking. He shook his head. "There aren't enough cars," he stated in a gruff voice, getting out the car.

My eyes followed Harry and I think I heard him say, "Stay in the car." So I sat there and watched him enter the house and then I looked around. I was thankful for the few Christmas lights hanging on the lowest targets of the place, because they acted as my only source of light. We weren't in a neighborhood with street lights.

I felt uneasy, so after a few minutes I opened the car door and walked towards the house, opening the door. I didn't even care if I walked into a life endangering situation in that moment. I simply wanted to be with Harry. Only then would I feel safe.

I wouldn't say I walked into a life endangering situation, but I sure did feel like dying in that moment. I saw Harry's back to the door and I could see his muscles were tense. He even had his fists balled up at his sides as if he were ready to start a fight. And my first guess as to who his opponent would be was the blonde man in front of him.