Chapter 3

Gif on the side of Sasha. It's Lyndsy Fonesca and ugh. She's soo pretty.
Chapter 3

Sasha turned away and walked off the way she came in as I stood there on wobbly legs, holding my half naked body, warily. Perrie rushed to my side as I picked my shirt back up, putting over my shoulders gently.

"I'm sorry, Laney," she whispered.

I shook my head. Something about Sasha intimidated me and I could only guess she had the same effect on others. "It's okay," I replied.

"No, I really am. I should've protected you better-"

"It's okay," I repeated. "I'm fine. I-I just want to shower now."

I had reason to believe that guilt was why she agreed, "Of course!" to my request, tenderly putting her arm around me. "Here you go, love," she said as she led me to the door. She opened it and I was humiliated to see that there were a bunch of girls gathered in the room that all looked at us when we stepped inside.

There was a sort of silence that waved over them, giggles ending and smiles dropping. They didn't ask anything since Perrie explained simply, "Sasha."

They all seemed to understand since they reacted very understanding and sympathetically.

I hated that this was their first impression of me. I mean, I was practically stripped and I probably was visibly crying beforehand. Eventually I was led into what Perrie stated was her place.

"Mi casa, su casa, Laney," she smiled at me.

I nodded with a half-smile. "Gracias."

She laughed. "You're welcome." There was a gap of silence and she said, "I really am sorry, Laney."

I shook my head. "It's not your fault."

"But, really..." Perrie trailed off and sighed, twiddling her fingers. "Sasha and I... and the other girls here, we all have more than one purpose. And I'm not proud of some of them," she said vaguely. I frowned and Perrie's blue eyes were clear with honesty. "And I don't want you to have to deal with those things and so I promise you I'll do everything I can to protect you from them." She placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it gently.

I looked up at her and once again wondered what their jobs could possibly be. Did what they do add into the money that afforded this massive house? If so, what could possibly be paid enough for that?

As much as I wanted to ask these questions, I stayed quiet and instead just smiled back at her and said, "Thank you, Perrie."

-

When I got out of the shower I was slightly relaxed. I actually had another cry session while in there, but that time felt final. It felt... cleansing to say the least. When I finished and wiped my eyes, I felt finished. I looked into the mirror when I got out and saw myself falling back together after allowing myself to fall apart so much in the past few days.

I was going to make it out of this alive. I was determined to.

The blonde girl with the pouty lips before me would be fine eventually and she would defeat her enemies, whoever they may be. I narrowed my eyes and wrung my hair out once again over the sink to make sure I got all the water out before putting it all to the side of my neck. I wrapped the towel tightly around my body and realized I didn't have any clothes with me. I sighed and wiped my feet of water and then opened the bathroom door.

I needed to find Perrie and ask her about clothes since I didn't really have anything.

"Perrie?" I called out. There was no reply and I made a face. Strangely, when I went into the den not even the other girls were there. "Uh... Perrie?" I repeated. I looked around the brightly colored den and bit my lip anxiously. I opened the door out the corridor, shivering upon being in the location from Sasha's meeting with me.