Chapter 7

Hey thanks for reading! 

--------

Friday night I was getting ready to go to that gig. Yes I was nervous. I had said it to Alex myself; I’m not good in crowds of people who don’t like me. I wasn’t sure how tonight was going to end up. It could be very good or very bad. My pessimistic conscious pointing to very bad.

The week went by pretty quickly and I am shocked to say it was okay. Kyle kept walking met to school in the morning, even though I protested every day. We never talked we just walked in silence. At first it was uncomfortable but now I’m just used to it.

Alex. He skipped 2 of the 3 days leading up to here and the day he was he was called to the office for something about a prank, he high- fiving a few people and grinning like an idiot as he left escorted by a police officer.

I don’t know about the boy. He looks like a very nice responsible boy but he gets into so much trouble. When walking down the hallway I hear teachers yelling at him as he just brushes it off and curses at the teacher behind their backs.

So he has two sides. The good guy and the bad guy. Not going to lie I like both sides, but more of the good guy. When he’s a bad guy he seems a little big headed and too good for anybody. That always leaves me a little iffy about him.

 I finished tying up my red converse; they weren’t as worn out as my other pairs because I barely wore them. They didn’t really match anything in my closet but black t-shirts. I wasn’t going to wear black EVERY day.

I grabbed my now fully charged phone and stuffed it in the back pocket of my ripped up skinny jeans. I had on a black Green Day t-shirt. My nails were freshly painted a color called ‘Blood Red’ and I had NO make-up on. My hair straightened and my fringe not staying away from my eyes.

Let’s just go and have fun. Fuck everyone who bothers me.

I walked out my door and went to find my mother to give me a ride to the gig. Hoping she remembered and didn’t go to sleep. That’s the last thing I need. I don’t want to have to walk all the way to the gig. I’d be tired and sweaty before I got there.

I knocked on her bedroom door and peered my head in. looking around the dim room, I couldn’t see a thing. I flipped on a light switch. The door to her bathroom wasn’t shut, she wasn’t in bed. Her closet door was open but light off and the room was silent.

I walked farther in and caught a glimpse of myself in her dresser mirror. I stopped and looked at myself. I walked up to the mirror and for once smiled at what I saw. I thought I looked pretty good. My hair falling into the right place, I didn’t look dead to the world, there were NO bags under my eyes.

I had been getting sleep and not waking up at different times at night. I don’t know why it’s been happening since the day Alex asked about me going to the gig and wanting me to be there. Was he the cause of this sudden self- like? This small smile? That’s crazy.

And as fast as the self-like came, it went. The person staring back at me moved to a different pose then to my standing straight arms dangling at my side. The Mirror me put her hands on her hips and sneered. Looking me from head to Toe and back to my head.

She let off a dark laugh and I shook my head. Just an imagination. “Ugly” she spat at me and I bit the inside of my cheek. In all my life I had never once had an in-animate object insult me, let alone look like me and insult me.

Imagination. Brush it off.

“Whatever” I muttered and walked away pretending that the ‘ugly’ comment from myself didn’t sting on the inside. I walked to the door and flipped the light switch off and continued looking for my mother. My smile long gone.