Chapter 2

hey thanks for reading and all the votes and comments! you guys rock! btw if you go to my profile i have some other fanfics of ATL i'm working on there AND some links to my other ATL related accounts (: 

--------------------------

I frowned and went to close the door on his face, not planning on giving him the time of day. He didn’t deserve it in my mind. He reached out and stopped the door with his big hand, holding it open, I pushed on the door to close it, he being stronger; I had no luck in closing it.

“Please don’t close the door” he said calmly. I didn’t dare look him in the face; I knew I would see sorrow, and mostly my father’s face. He was a lot like him actually, he had his blond hair and brown eyes, while I had my mother’s brown hair and blue eyes, I used to have blonde hair but it grew out.

“Kyle, why would I give you the time of day” I said quietly but sternly. Surprised my voice didn’t quiver. I wasn’t good with situations like this. Then again, when was I ever put into a situation like this?

“Because I’m your brother I haven’t seen you in 8 years, can’t we have a decent conversation here?” I swear my frown turned into a double frown, if that’s what you would call it.

 I wanted to slam the door, I wanted to scream in his face, I wanted him to get the fuck away. How could he want a decent conversation?

How could we have a decent conversation? He left me when I needed him most and worst of all, I haven’t seen him 8 years, he never came to find me. The idiot is probably still on drugs.

“Why would I give YOU a Decent conversation? Why would you even think I would forgive you! You left me when I wanted someone to be there while mom and dad fought, you haven’t even come to find me in the 8 years I was gone!”

I shouted angrily. I couldn’t hold it back. He deserved the yelling. Really he wasn’t worth my voice. He still sickened me. “I’ve missed you” my mouth dropped open in disbelief, not shock. I knew he would play this card on me, but he didn’t know I wouldn’t buy it.

“You’re unbelievable, can you leave now, and go back to your druggie friends, moms supposed to have someone coming to live with us, probably another fuck buddy.” My voice dropped volume as I talked to a mumble.

He ignored the ‘Druggie’ jab at him. “Fuck buddy? Are you serious, what else does she do?” I rolled my eyes, why would he even care now? “What’s it to you?” Kyle sighed and his hand fell from trying to keep the door open, I grabbed the door and swung it shut, his foot shot out and kept it open.

“Jayden, I’m not leaving. Not for a while actually I want to know what I’m going to be living in.” Was all he said “You’re the person staying?” I through my head back annoyed and walked a complete circle away from him, groaning. “God help me.” I then finished with an eye roll.

Who said I needed to be nice to him?

“Yes okay now please, stop with whatever you’re doing and tell me about mom!” He shouted making me jump back from him, I hated screaming, I hated yelling, I was fine with it if it was from me, but anyone else and I was scared shitless.

“She’s depressed” I muttered making short answers. I didn’t want to be here not at all. “And?” this time I sighed and pulled the sleeves further down on my sweatshirt, hoping he didn’t see the gesture I did.

“She’s not mean, but she can be very sarcastic and rude, she’s always on dates, with random guys and lets random people live in the house for money.” I said quickly wanting to just get it out.

Some reason hoping what I said would make him turn around and run for the hills. It didn’t. He stood there shocked. I still didn’t look at his face, the whole time I was looking at his feet, sometimes mine.