Chapter 15

watch the video on the side?

------------------

That weekend I met the rest of the band of All Time Low. That consisted of a nice guy with mop type hair named Rian; he had very white teeth and reminded me of Mr. Potato head, in a strange way. He played drums.

The other member was Zack. He was almost shy, but he was funny and care free when he wanted to be, was skinny and had black straight hair that resembled Jacks, Zack said he was going to dye it back to its original color soon.  He was a great listener and he loved to skate board.  He was the bassist.

That day I listened to All Time Low play together for the first time and the first song they played was All the Small Things by Blink-182. And when Alex started singing I swear my jaw drop. He had an amazing voice.

I had applauded the boys when they finished their first song. It was obvious the boys were going to make it far. They had this way of connecting together when they played a song, like how Alex Closed his eyes tight when he sang, or Jack jumped around everywhere and around everyone, Zack did a little swaying bopping movement and Rian bared his teeth. The 4 connected in a way that you just knew, it was meant to be.

I was excited for these boys. I got along with All 4 of them and I had no reason to be worried before about meeting Rian or Zack. They were great and included me into their group like they knew me forever like Jack and Alex did the first time we hung out and that was less than a week ago and it already felt like forever.

When the boys had finished covering a few songs they told me about how they had a pending tour manager, incase if they did get to tour they had a man on the side. His name was Matt Flyzik and he apparently had a weird Mickey Mouse obsession. I didn’t get to meet him but I was told I would meet him at the gig.

I found out that Rian also went to our school and that Zack didn’t, he went to another school and I learned how the boys got together. With Alex and Jack forming the band together, Alex getting kicked out of his first band after he transferred from private to public school. How Jack met Rian in French class and Pestered him until he agreed to at least try out, how they found Zack through a friend named Ben. (This is actually all true here, I’m trying to keep all the band events true like the touring and members and how they got together and that stuff true, I just added in a fictional character named Jayden)

I learned the back story of the band that started in 9th grade; we are now all in 11th grade, how they came up with their name, a lyric from a New Found Glory song. Everything. It was a great story that could be told some day to fans, and I’m not going to add on, “IF they make it” cause I know they will. I have this gut feeling that the boys WILL make it.

I can already see them up on stage rocking out to their latest single, fans who knew it singing along and jumping around in the crowd, screaming out “I love you!”S to the band and screaming their names. Taking photos and videos, wanting autographs, the boys going to interviews. I just saw that with the boys.

Those few weeks from when the boys told me about the gig, to the first band practice I went to went by fast and suddenly I was arriving out front of the building where the gig would be. There was a short line outside and behind my mom’s car were a ton of others of parents waiting to drop off kids to get in line.

Alex and Jack had went around the school the past few weeks screaming to people about the gig and putting up signs about it, while me and Rian followed shaking our heads. Oh yeah, now I sit with the 3 at lunch every day. Were like an inseparable group and if Zack went to our school that’d be even better. Flyzik goes to our school but I heard he has a different lunch period. I still don’t know what he looks like.