Chapter 12

Yeah i take forever to update.... 

-------------

I can’t say I felt like I was intruding. I didn’t feel that now. I did at first, but that lasted a few minutes. Jack acted as if he knew me all his life, like we had been best friends forever, hell even Alex acted like that.

The two were so much fun to be around, there never being a dull moment with Jack having sporadic ideas spewing through his head of what to do, one thing after another, he had the mind of a 4 year old.

He hadn’t sat down once since me and Alex arrived at Alex’s house. Halfway up the driveway the door swung open and jack ran out pulling me into a tight hug. It looked as if he had been waiting, watching out the window for our arrival. Almost like a 4 year old would do waiting for a family member to get home and then run out the door excitedly to hug them.

It was only 10am and I was having more fun than I ever did in my whole lifetime. We had already eaten a full bag of chips, played sock golf, that being ended when jack nearly knocked over a vase, and played a small game of hide and seek.

It felt as if we were in our own little world, like nothing else existed, we were just in this house and the whole world outside paused, except for the time clicking by on the clocks set up around the house.

It felt like if we were to step outside, everything would be frozen in time, there’d be people frozen about to step out of a car, or someone about to fall to their face from tripping over something in the way.

Now if that were true, we wouldn’t be locked up in the house, we’d be out running around messing with the frozen people. Setting them up so that some cold liquid is dropped on their head or there about to fall onto their ass.

That’d be amazing.

Freezing time has always been something I wish I could do. You know just have that power to do that, collect your thoughts for as long as you want and then, unfreeze it and know exactly what to do in a tough situation or just feel assured that everything will be alright.

But that’s highly impossible, you can’t freeze time! You see that in movies, or read about it in books, but things always go wrong anyway, the person takes advantage of the use of freezing time and things go completely wrong.

Freezing time would be a great responsibility.

If only.

“Miss, miss, miss, miss” “Shhh” Alex turned slightly and pressed his hand up against Jacks face, silencing the boy. Alex’s eyes not leaving the target set out a few feet away from where the 3 of us stood.

We were just playing our way of Basketball, using a folded up sock, anything that was hollow on the inside was a target. We had been playing this game for a good 10minutes but the boys were already getting competitive.

Jack removed Alex’s hand and concentrated on the cup that Alex was focusing on, Jack was crouched down slightly like Alex. I stood behind them arms crossed and watching the two.

Alex through the sock underhand and it flew into the cup, the cup falling over once the sock landed inside. Jack groaned and Alex through his hands in the air in victory, dancing around a grumpy jack who crossed his arms and pouted.

I smiled watching as Alex stopped in front of jack and pinched his cheek cooing at the grumpy skunk like he was a 5 year old kid who didn’t get his way for once. I walked over to the cup that was laying on its side and pulled the sock out of it, placing the cup up in the right position.

Alex went back to dancing by himself and I walked over to Jack pinching his arm slightly and handing him the sock. “Your turn skunk” I joked. Alex snorted from behind us and Jack gave me a fake glare at making fun of his hair.