Chapter 13

THIS IS THE FINISHED VERISON OF CHAPTER 13. 

sorry for making you all wait forever for updates :( 

-----

The clock on the wall above Alex’s head read 2:30pm. School would be ending soon and I would have to leave to get back home before Kyle or anyone else, then I’d have I’d have to walk all the way to work.

I was a little excited. My first ever job, and it was in a good place with almost good pay. Also it’d give me something to do besides sit around all day on the computer and listen to music. Not that, that’s a bad thing, I’m not in any way complaining!

This day by far has to be one of the best days of my life. I hope I never forget this day. Jack and Alex were so awesome. From playing a game of sock almost baseball to playing hide and seek and also watching a movie.

We fit in enough stuff to do in a matter of 3 day’s time. We didn’t stop at all. We were all over the place like 5 year olds. We even made forts and played made up games about kings and queens and castles.

We are children at heart.

“JACK STOP CHEATING!” Alex screamed his voice carrying throughout the house. I cringed dropping my cards to cover my ears. “I’M NOT CHEATING I SWEAR!” Jack shouted back and I kept my ears covered.

We were playing UNO. (I hope you all know what UNO is) These two had been bickering the whole time, heck they were bickering the whole day and wrestling around with each other. Over every little thing!

When we were playing a game with kings and queens they both wanted me to be on their side as there queen, this was after they fought over who was king and when it was decided that there was two kings fighting to be one, they each needed a queen. Let’s just say jack ended up with an invisible supermodel that obviously doesn’t exist.

I was used to the bickering now and I pulled them apart and stopped the bickering when it started to get annoying. But it was mostly amusing. If I didn’t know that these two were from separate families I would’ve thought they were brothers, they fight like it.

They even had some similar facial features. Like the big bushy eye brows. Like seriously what is up with that? There like- no they are way bigger than caterpillars.  There almost scary looking.

“I JUST SAW YOU TAKE 3 CARDS INSTEAD OF 4!” Alex yelled out his hand pointing at the deck of card stacked in between us. Alex sat across from me and jack was on my left. “I TOOK 4 CARDS!” Alex had just given jack a ‘draw a 4’ card it was laying on top of the played deck I was waiting for Alex to choose a color for me to play.

The whole time we played UNO whenever someone played a ‘draw a 4’ card the one who received it gave the one who played it a mean look and a threat. The threats were along the lines of ‘You better sleep with one eye open tonight” or ‘I know where you live’ or ‘I will burn all your Blink-182 CDs.’ – that one earned a loud gasp from me. Who in the right mind would even consider that!

“GUYS WE ONLY HAVE HALF AN HOUR TILL I HAVE TO GO HOME THEN TO WORK JACK TAKE ANOTHER CARD AND ALEX SHUT UP! BUT TELL ME WHAT COLOR TO PLAY FIRST!” I shouted getting the two to go quite and look at me with blank expressions.

Seconds later Jack and Alex started mumbling under their breath as Alex sat back in his seat and Jack took another card and shuffled it in his hand. “Green” I smiled satisfied and browsed my cards for something to play.

Our heads perked up at the sound of a car door. We all looked to each other wide eyed and then back to the doorway. “My mom!” Alex shouted jumping up and grabbing the cards including the ones he threw in surprise seconds ago, and stuffing them in to the plastic baggy quickly. Jack rushed to help him.