Chapter 8

yeah its short but i will hopefully have more up later! 

---------------

Monday morning I was stressed, worried and nervous. Worried because Kyle still wasn’t back. Stressed cause I need to get a job and that means communicating with strangers and going out.

Nervous because I didn’t go to the gig on Friday and I was afraid of Alex’s reaction. Would he be upset? Mad? Angry? Will he hate me? I wasn’t able to go; I spent a good 30 minutes letting my mom cry on my shoulder that night and the rest telling her what we could do.

I gave her all my money, except for one hiding spot. In all I gave her around 300 bucks. That wouldn’t even pay off half of ONE of her bills. But it would get her started and me getting a job will help too.

I just need to find a job that will pay me a good amount and I can’t believe I’m saying this but if I need to I will get 2 jobs. Not to mention I have school on top of all this and it’s just feels horrible. Like a weight is on my shoulders.

Tying up my purple converse I went into the kitchen to find my mom sitting at the table surrounded by more bills that came in the mail. Her hair in knots again, she still in her work clothes.

I went to the fridge and pulled out a water for my breakfast and then walked over to the table. “Mother go to bed. You need your sleep for your next shift” I put my hand lightly on her shoulder.

She didn’t make the effort to move. I sighed not having the time to wait till she actually moved I needed to get to hell. I was about to have to go for a run with a bunch of people following me for the first time in a week.

I wished Kyle was here to walk with me; I wasn’t in the mood for running. I actually gained a little bit of weight from not running every morning. But it was only like 2 pounds cause I still don’t eat enough.

“Come on mom please, staring at the bills won’t get rid of them. You need your sleep so you don’t fall asleep during your shift and get fired. Then we’d be screwed.” I bit my lip my hand still on her shoulder.

My mom set the bill that was in her hand down on the table and stood up slowly. She patted down her hair and then turned to me hugging me. “Good luck with finding a job tonight, I wish you didn’t have to get one”

I didn’t know how to respond. I just nodded and hugged her back too. Pulling apart I moved out of her way and she walked to the hallway. She stopped and turned around. “Have you heard from Kyle?” the hope in her eyes almost cut through me. It had only been about 3 days and she missed him that much.

I shook my head sadly. I kind of missed having that pain in the house.

She nodded then turned and went down the hallway and to the steps without another word. I licked my lips and then went down the hallway myself turning off light switches as I walked and grabbed my bag off the floor by the door.

I opened the door and locked it from the inside knowing my mother wouldn’t cause for all I know she could be asleep already crashed on top of the covers. She still isn’t used to the nightshift and it’s been a few years since she joined it.

Messing up my hair with my hand slightly I slung my bag over one shoulder and started walking to school at a slightly fast pace. I knew something was going to happen I knew I was going to run, but my gut feeling said there was more since it’s been a week and there probably on edge.

It’s like an adrenaline rush for them. Sickening.

The farther I got the more my eyes darted back and forth looking all over, a few times I looked back behind me. Nothing had jumped out, no one was following me; as far as I knew, and it scared me and put me on edge.

I was just waiting now. Any moment now.

In a flash my arms were grabbed and pulled behind my back. My hair pulled roughly and a kick to the back of the knees forced me to collapse, the rough strong hands keeping me on my feet. I tried catching my breath.

I knew it was coming but it still took me by surprise.

“No running today. Bitch. No boy to walk with you either.” The voice laughed. I didn’t look at the persons face. I didn’t really want to see who was the leader of all this.

“It’s been a week.” The voice continued. A kick to the knees made me fall to them. The hands still refraining me from running or lashing out. I pulled against them and struggled around. “What do you want” I muttered.

“This” the person kicked me in the stomach making me want to grab at it. The pain shot up through my stomach and I yelped. The person laughed. Another person smashed there knee into my back forcing me to fall forward onto my face.

Why me?

“They’ll be more tomorrow emo bitch” The hands dropped and I collapsed into a ball. The footsteps moving farther and farther away.

What is this a movie? How ‘original’

No tears escaped. Nothing. The pain just made me feel numb.

You would think the ‘emo’ jab would hurt me but it didn’t. i brushed it off cause I’ve heard it before, many times before. I was used to hearing it daily, wherever I was it was said to me.

Should I just go home and tell mom I was sick?

I need to talk to Alex and explain though.

Would he even be at school today?

Well I guess I’ll see.

I slowly climbed to my feet and walked as fast as my aching body allowed me. I wasn’t in pain, it didn’t hurt at all, I was just stiff. There was no sharp shooting pain and I wondered if that was even okay? I was just kicked in the knees and stomach.

And hell begins.