Memories That DON'T Fade like Photographs

"Look at her, does she even eat?"

No.

"Her hair is disgusting, does she even wash it?"

Yes.

"I heard she's suicidal"

That's none of your concern.

"She's so ugly"

I know I am. Why remind me?

Why taunt me

Why pick on me every day?

Why not leave me alone for once?

"All she ever wears is band t-shirts and jeans"

Correction awesome band t-shirts and awesome skinny jeans.

"Does she have any friends?"

No.

"Ha no one likes her anyway"

It's obvious.

Every stupid life wasting day. The same thing over and over, weather I'm at school or happen to run into someone from school outside of school.

I'm taunted, I'm hit, I'm tripped, my hair pulled embarrassed by someone.

It's over and over, they don't know my story. They don't know me. They have no right to do this. But nothing is stopping them from continuing.

My life's horrible. I'm been through a lot of shit. When I was 8 my parents divorced and my older brother Kyle blamed it on me.

The whole time my parents were in the process of divorcing, they would fight, constantly.

It got so bad I had to go outside and far away from the noise, out behind my house or I'd go for a walk by myself and my brother left me with the excuse of Band practice.

Band practice, for a band that basically has gone nowhere in the last 2 years.

They called themselves forever the sickest kids, no one signed them and no one wanted them. To be honest, band practice, was far from practice.

They'd sit there and play video games and drink whatever then could find. Even Alcohol.

My brother sickened me. The way he went on with life without a care in the world, skipping school just to drink or do some kind of substance of drugs.

He had no signs of giving up on that. The worst part, he's only a year older than me. So he's 9.

As my brother did that, I hid in my room, lights off; on the bed listening to the few CDs I had of Green day and Blink-182 and New found glory through crappy head phones.

The music didn't block out the stupid petty fights, the throwing and smashing of things, the loud slaps across the face, from my mother to my father.

As far as I know, he never hit her. I hated the sounds of there fighting, making me flinch every time something smashed.

But one day, those sounds stopped. They had left the house. To go god knows where, leaving me unknowingly home alone since Kyle had snuck out and went to 'Band Practice'

I left my room to roam around the house. Halfway out of the room, I had already stepped on broken shards of a picture frame, the picture ripped in half.

My side of the photo had mom with her arms wrapped around my shoulders, a big smile on both of our faces, In Kyle's side, dad had his arm wrapped around Kyle's shoulder, the two grinning like fools.