Chapter 14

Yippie new chapter!

---------------------

My co-worker made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with me and hated my guts, before I even opened the door to walk inside the building for my first day on the job. When I had walked in she hadn’t even bothered to tell me what I could do to get started and she made me wait at the door till the manager came out to greet me.

She stood at the counter chewing her gum loudly and using her long fake nails to turn pages of a magazine as she sneered at the famous people pictures and to put it plainly she looked completely fake. I’m not looking forward to working with her at all.

Nobody was in here but us 3 and it was cold in here. Cold and empty are not pleasant feelings at all. Right now I was sitting on my knees in one of the isles of CDs. In front of the B section. I was rummaging through a box that was sitting on my right on the floor filled to the rim.

Inside the box were jumbled up CDs and I had to find where they go. I was going one letter at time, searching through the box until there was none of that letter left and putting them on the shelves in the correct spots and putting misplaced CDs in there right places too.

I had been doing this for about 2 ½ hours now, less than 30 minutes till I could leave, I’d be locking up the place every night with the manager, the co-worker who I guess was named Mara, since she didn’t introduce herself and I had to look at her name tag, left 40 minutes before I do.

I was ready to smash my head into cool metal stand in front of me; my head was at the right height. I turned my body and looked into the bin for my B’s. My phone was sitting in my back pocket and had been non-stop buzzing for the last 30 minutes. Thankfully it was one of those silent buzzes but the kind you still felt.

It was driving me nuts that I couldn’t look to see who I was going to murder tomorrow. It surprised me that anyone was even texting me, no one had ever texted me before, I only have 5 numbers in my phone, my mom, dad, Kyle and Jack and Alex.

So one or multiples of them are getting killed tomorrow, either at home or school. Even though I was mad, I was a little happy, I mean, people actually wanted to talk to me, they wanted my attention, something that hasn’t happened in a very long time.

I pulled out Cd after CD. ‘The Beatles’ ‘The Beach Boys’ ‘Beyoncé’ ‘Breaking Benjamin’ ‘Blink-182’ ‘Bowling for Soup’ ‘Backstreet boys’  I stood up from where I was sitting, the CDs in hand and started stacking them in there right spots.

I yawned loudly and looked up at the clock on the wall. 15 minutes and I can go home and sleep. If this is all I had to do for now on here, I wouldn’t complain, but I may fall asleep around 630 every night. That may be a problem.

I finished empting out my hands and went back to the box that wasn’t as full anymore since I’ve been working on it the whole time I was here. Rummaged through for any more B’s and not seeing any I got up from the floor, onto my hands and knees and slid the box down the aisle to the C section and plopped down in front of the big sign the had the letter C on it in white.

My phone started buzzing again and I sighed in frustration. I wanted so badly to just pull it out from my back pocket and read who the messages were from but we are not allowed to have our phones out during work.

The second I was out the door and it was locked and the lights were off and I said a quick goodbye to the manager I whipped my phone out and fast. The suspense was killing me and I started wobbling and walking anywhere but in a straight line.

Thanks clumsy legs.

I stopped, gained my balance and kept walking forward. Outside was getting colder and the sun was nearly gone, behind the trees that towered over almost everything and I picked up the pace I was at wanting to get home and sleep.