🕸Chapter...14🕷

🕷🕸

"I guess we're spending the night together." He says with a mischievous smile.

I roll my eyes and he winks at me.

Pervert.

This is going to be a loooong night...

I let out a heavy sigh and walk to my bed. I look at Oren and he too is looking at me. His face is all serious now and I can't help but wonder...

What the hell is he thinking about ?

"I'm sorry." I say while still holding his gaze.

He puts both his hands in his pockets then shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

"Why do you let her do that ?"
He questions me and automatically I know he's talking about Jenna.

Truth be told... I don't know why I've never stand up for myself. I don't like her and she knows it but I've never spoken up my mind.

I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

He stares at me for a little bit longer before going to sit on my white fur couch situated near the window.

Once seated, he takes out his phone from the pocket of his leather jacket and starts texting someone.

I roll my eyes at him and look out the window. The clouds are now grey and threatening to rain.

***

He looks so sexy when he's tired.

My subconscious keeps telling me whenever Oren yawns.

I roll my eyes and blow a streak of blonde hair out of my face.

I'm seated on my bed with my math books trying to do some sums but I'm getting all of them wrong, probably because I'm distracted... and hungry...

"Are you hungry ?" Oren asks.

My face turns pale and my eyes go wide.

"Your stomach is rumbling." He adds and I cover my face from embarrassment.

Yeah, I guess I am." I say while hoping out of bed and heading to my vanity table.

I carry the bowl of guacamole and bag of crisps to my bed. I then head back to my bag and take out the two bottles of cola.

"Heads up." I say to Oren while throwing the bottle of blackberry flavoured cola to him. He catches the bottle with one hand then flashes me a proud smile.

Pffft... show off.

I eat the guacamole and crisps in silence while Oren drinks his cola.

I offer him some of the guacamole but he says he's not a fan of avocados.

"Who the hell doesn't like avocados ?" I ask but be shrugs off my question and keeps on texting.

***

I let out a heavy sigh and walk towards the couch where Oren is lying like he's in some kind of therapy session.

"Can you help me... please ?" I ask him while holding out my maths text books.

He shifts his gaze from his phone screen to me. I see him scanning the books I'm handing out to him as if debating whether to take them or not.

He sits upright then taps the empty space beside him indicating for me to sit.

"Come on... I don't bite." He says while smiling slyly.

I sit beside him and he takes the books from me.

I quietly listen as he explains and twenty five minutes later he's done.

"Thanks" I whisper then stand up to leave but I'm dragged back to the couch.

"I'll be tutoring you from now on... no excuses." Oren says in a commanding voice and I nod in response.

I then look at my arm where he's still holding me.

I shift my gaze to him and his deep blue eyes hold mine. My heart stutters and I forget how to breath. We sit there gazing at each other longingly.

"Sorry" He mutters while letting go. His deep blue eyes are piercing, hungry and all kinds of angry.

***

9:00 pm

I check the time on my phone before walking to try the door and see if Jenna opened it.

Locked.

"I guess you're sleeping here tonight." I say to Oren.

I wait for him to say something but he doesn't. Instead he removes his jacket and lies on the couch without saying a single word. I stare at the black t-shirt that is tightly clinging to his chest revealing his arm and neck tattoos.

Wow !

I wonder how many tattoos he has...

Shit !

I need a cold shower. I can't think straight when Oren's concerned.

I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I tie my hair in a loose bun then change into my navy blue pajama shorts and a white tank top.

I then splash cold water in my face.

When I come out of the bathroom Oren is already asleep.

I switch off the lights then get under my comforter and let the sound of pouring rain lull me to sleep.

***

A sharp, high pitched gasp for air wakes me up. My eyes snap open. I wake up with a start and look around my room. The whole place is dark, lit only by the faded light of the moon coming in through the un-curtained window.

I look at the couch where Oren's sleeping and he's seated upright, gasping for air while brushing his fingers through his hair.

I jump out of bed and walk to him. I get to my knees and hold his face in both my palms.

"Oren, are you okay ?"

I ask him but he's still fighting for his air, eyes wide and panicked.

With both my hands holding his face I force him to look at me.

"Hey... Oren are you okay ?"

I wait for him to answer but he doesn't. Instead he keeps hyperventilating.

I get up and pull him towards my bed. I sit up and gently lay his head on my chest then start patting his head.

The patting gradually becomes stroking and then my fingers thread into his dark, silky locks and comb through the tangles.

His eyes close as I continue to comb his hair with my fingers. His breathing goes back to normal and the weirdest thing happens, he wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tightly.

My face goes from normal to white to red in two seconds flat.

What the hell is going on ?