🕸Chapter...54🕷

🎵Listen to Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish🎶

🕷🕸

I see Oren's jeep parked outside of Charlie's home when I put my car to a stop.

I should have guessed he's here...

...he is their cousin.

I hop out of my car and slide my bagpack over one shoulder. I let Meera jump down before closing the door.

"Hold on." I call out to Meera as he runs towards the front porch.

Ten minutes later, after knocking and knocking, a lady in her late fifties opens the door for us.

"Hi" I greet and all she does is nod.

"Ms Barrette is in the living room." She announces and I head there.

***

When I enter inside the living room, my eyes collide with those of Oren, Cole and Charlie but they remain on Oren.

Selfish...? Very !

I came to see Charlie yet I'm here gawking at Oren. He looks breathtaking in his plain white t-shirt and black shorts.

I've never seen him in shorts.

Uugh !

I'm mad at Oren, I shouldn't be thinking of him this way.

"Sky !" Charlie squeals while running to meet me.

She tightly hugs me and I do the same, shifting my gaze from Oren. When Charlie and I break apart, I see streaks of dried up tears on her face. Her eyes bloodshot and her nose is a faint purple color.

Probably from too much crying...

"Why don't we go talk inside my room." She suggests and I couldn't agree more.

I turn to look for my pup and he's busy playing with Oren.

"He likes you." Cole says to Oren.

"I didn't know you have a golden retriver !" Charlie exclaims but my gaze is holding those of Oren.

"Uhm... he was a birthday gift." I find myself saying.

"From who ?! They must really like you to buy you a dog !" Charlie blabbers.

"From Oren." Cole says with a smile and the three of us turn to face him.

I raise my eyebrows and prompt him to go on and he does.

"The dog's collar clearly says Meera Quinn Kruse." Once Cole says those words Oren's eyes turn to meet mine.

It's like he can't believe I gave the pup both our second names.

I look psychotic right now.

"Why don't we go to my room." Charlie says, breaking Oren and I from out trance.

***