🕸Chapter...51🕷

🎵Heart Problem by Caroline Dare🎶

🕷🕸

"Mom !"

I quickly pull up the comforter and cover myself from my mom's prying eyes.

This woman !

How the hell is she even here ?

I feel Oren shift beside me and I internally let out a number of curses. I don't want him waking up and finding my mom staring at us, making all this way more embarrassing.

I point the door with my chin indicating for my mom to leave but as you guess, she doesn't.

"Shit !"

I hear Oren swear and all I can do is shoot death glares at my mom. Oren sits up and I follow suit. He fixes his gaze on my mom and so does she.

Talk about awkward.

"Uuhm... Uh..." I stutter. "Mom, this is Oren. Oren this is my mom who was just heading downstairs."

My mom flashes me this weird look but finally takes the cue and walks out, smiling.

I turn to Oren and start apologizing. He doesn't say anything mostly because I don't let him. I hop out of bed and put on my now wrinkled dress.

I tie my hair in a loose, messy bun and start looking for my damn phone. I find it at the foot of the vanity table. When I get up and turn to face Oren, he still seated on the bed staring at me.

I flash him an apologetic look then run downstairs barefoot.

I find my mom in the kitchen busy making eggs while humming an old tune.

"Mom, this is not your kitchen." She turns and folds me in a tight hug.

"I missed you baby." She says and I smile.

"I missed you too mom." I tell her as we pull away from the hug. I look at her and nothing has changed. Except for her black hair. It's short.

"Why did you cut your hair ?" I ask and all she does is smile slyly.

"Why did you return your hair back to its original hair color ?" She asks and all I do is smile.

"Wow, you also got a tatoo." I look up and she has her eyes exposed on my neck.

I still don't say anything.

We go quiet for a while before my mom decides to break the silence.

"Happy late birthday Skylar."

"Thanks mom, but you're late." I say with a frown and she chuckles surprisingly me.

"I texted you yesterday. I couldn't call because I was at work, but when you didn't reply, I got worried and flied here to Illinois."

Oh !

I take my phone and check it. The only text I have is the one I got yesterday before my grandma walked into my room. I didn't have time to check it.