🕸Chapter...56🕷

🎵Listen to Somebody To You by The Vamps🎶

🕸🕷

*a couple of months later*

I nervously play with my fingers as I wait for my name to be called.

I wish I had Charlie's luck. She was among the first people to be called... while I'm among the last.

I scan the crowd and my eyes land on my mom holding Meera while smiling at me. Besides her is Andrew Gibbons, her fiancé, and two seats from them sit Andrew's twin sons, Brian and Jasper.

I was angry at my mom when she told me that she's engaged, that is, a few weeks ago but after twelve hours of self-therapy and a few you-tube videos, I was okay with the news. Maybe a little bit angry, but okay.

She deserves to be happy.

Andrew and I are not that talkative when it comes to each other but we do get along. From him I learned that Jasper and Brian are fifteen and lost their mother a day after their fifth birthday due to pneumonia.

I felt bad for them but I'm now happy they're getting to have a mom like mine.

I won't mind. Sincerely.

I continue scanning the room and my eyes land on my grandma who's busy holding Meera. She's seated on the second row with my dad beside her.

He came home from Italy a week ago for my graduation but too bad he's leaving tonight. He said he wanted to stay but Jenna needs him.

Whatever that means...

My grandma sees me eyeing them and blows me a kiss. I roll my eyes and they hold those of Oren in the process. I catch the corner of his mouth twitch slightly.

He's busy staring at me ?!

I'm flattered.

He too is seated on the second row but on the far end and just like Charlie, he was among the first people to be called.

Beside him is Jessica, Holden and Lexus. Their dad doesn't seem to be around and I'm not even a little bit shocked.

He never is around when Oren's involved.

I turn my concentration back to Oren and he winks at. All color runs to my cheeks and I find myself blushing like a fool.

He sees the effect he has on me and starts smiling.

Things between us have been different ; you know, since that evening at the park. We now talk, and not just any talking, but late night talking.

He shares his thoughts with me, not all of them... but enough for me to know he's comfortable with me being around.

He started going to therapy right after we found out Alley isn't dead and that resulted to him not having anymore nightmares.

I was proud when he told me.

That means he finally found the courage and strength to face his demons.