Prologue

*4 years earlier*

6:00 pm

"I can't let you do this Cece. I'm so scared. What if we get caught. Or worse... what if YOU get caught. What if we end up in prison." Heidi... my best friend says between sobs.

I'm currently trying to put on these damn lashes but I don't know how, and her crying is not helping. Not even a little bit.

"Can you keep your voice down or your crazy mom might hear us. No one is going to prison.

They won't know as long as I don't maintain direct eye contact with anyone and as long as I don't talk... no one will know we've switched places. Okay ?"

I stare at her from the mirror and she nods unconvinced.

I've been preping her for the last six months and she has been okay, yet on the D'day she gets cold feet.

I place the eye lashes thingy back on the vanity table and walk towards the bed where Heidi's seated chewing on her perfectly manicured pink finger nails.

She looks so out of place wearing my torn black jeans, oversize white t-shirt and red plaid shirt.

I look down at me and I too look out of place in a white billion dollar gown, six-inch stilletos and real jewelry.

Heidi has always been the girly girl while I've always been the tomboy.

Being raised in an orphanage your whole life does that to girls. You grow being tuff, there's no spot for being a proper girl.

I sit next to her and she leans her head on my shoulder.

I let out a heavy sigh then turn to face her.

"Do you remember when we were six and those girls at school refused to be friends with me because I didn't love the color pink and barbie dolls... ?"

"Yeah"

"... you became my only friend and family. You loved me for who I am... I vowed to return the favor to you. I'm not going to let you marry Luka Andres. Okay ? I'll deal with him."

I rub Heidi's back and she nods, tears full in her eyes.

"The least I can do to thank you is fix your make up. You're awful at it." She teases and we both laugh.

"I love you Heidi."

"I love you Cece."

***

I stare at my reflection on the limo's window. I look exactly like Heidi.

The dirty blonde hair, nails, make up, my body size, smell, everything is the same. I'm a little shorter than Heidi but that would be hardly noticeable considering the fact I'm wearing stilettos.

I cross my fingers silently praying that Heidi is at the airport by now. She's heading to Australia.

Being far from home will help her clear her mind.