🕸Chapter...32🕷

🎵Listen to If This Isn't Love by Jennifer Hudson🎶

🕷🕸

"You can't do this Christian ! You can't take her away from me... she's my daughter too."

"I'm doing what's best for Skylar !"

"No you're not ! You're just doing what your parents want... and that is taking our daughter away from me and courting that rich girl, Jenna !"

"What do you want me to do Emily ?!"

"I want you to fight for our love... Why won't you do that ?"

{Silence}

"I asked you a question Christian... why won't you fight for our love ?"

"Because... we are two different people Emily ! We come from two different worlds ! We would never be compatible !
Ever !"

{Emily let's out a despicable laugh}
"Wow... Just like that and it's over ! I just hope Skyler doesn't end up like you ! I hope she fights for her love..."

***

I wake up with a start, shivering but not from the cold. It takes me a second to crash back to reality.

I look down at my hands and they're shaking.

It has been a while since I last had dreams about my mom and dad's life together.

Dr.Mason said they're just memories and not nightmares so I shouldn't be afraid when I get them.

I rub the sand in my eyes and just then I feel delicate fingers tangle themselves into my hair. When I look up Oren's deep blue eyes meet my ocean blue ones.

Wow...

I immediately sit up and that's when I notice I had fallen asleep on the single chair beside his hospital bed and laid my head on its edge.

No wonder my neck hurts.

I return my gaze back to Oren and he's watching me like I've grown a third eye.

His oxygen mask is off and so is the IV drip that was on his left hand.

"I didn't know you have nightmares." He says.

"I don't." I answer in a much weaker voice that I intended to.

I stand up and stretch myself. I pick up my phone from the bedside table and check the time.

2:00 am

I walk towards the window and look outside. The night is dark, and the moon is hiding behind a cloud.

It's pitch black outside the room, and the cold breeze is holding on the other side of the window.

"Skylar... are you okay ?" I hear Oren ask. His voice cool, yet heated.

The atmosphere has shifted.

I draw the white curtains then turn to face him. He's now seated upright, watching me intensely, like there's something wrong.

His hair is messier than before, his lips are a deep shade of red and his eyes are dark... way dark.

I shouldn't have stayed the night...

He streches his arms allowing the gown to tighten on his body slightly- exposing his arm and neck tattoos. The black ink is more visible under his white hospital gown.

I let out a heavy sign.

I can't stand the internal battle I'm stuck in the middle of right now.

Lust is a craving that has to be satisfied.

Period.

I walk towards Oren, slowly and carefully. Calculating my every move.

I flash him a smile then climb up the bed and sit on his lap. Him being between me.

I'm so shameless.

He widens his eyes and raises his eyebrows reflecting shock but that immediately vanishes.

He then flashes me an evil smirk.

My heart starts pounding like crazy as he stares at me.

I feel his fingers move streaks of my hair from my face to behind my ear.

His warm hand then rests on the side of my neck, and his other hand on my waist.

He leans onto me and our lips are almost inches apart as he stares me in the eyes as if he has never been intrigued his whole life.

For that moment, I let myself become lost in Oren.

"You have no idea how much I miss you right now and how badly I want to see you every time, hug you... kiss you." I say in a hoarse voice.

"Then do it..." I hear Oren whisper and I let out a triumphant smile.

Grabbing the back of his head, I pull him to me and press his lips against mine.

He momentarily froze at first ; but that didn't last long. He kisses me back and I become lost... completely.

His mouth is warm and wet ; oh... so inviting, and I love the taste.

He smells like vanilla.

Ugh. The scent is enticing.

My fingers tangle themselves into his hair and I tug at the soft strands when his grip on my waist tightens.

We're both lost enough...

"You enjoy torturing me entirely too much." I hear him whisper and I chuckled between kisses.

When I pull away, we are both out of breath and my skin is hot and his cheeks are flushed.

Okay ! Okay ! Okay !

I know you are all wondering where I got all this confidence from. The answer is simple...

I seriously don't know.

I put my hands round his neck and bury my face in the crook of his neck, him wrapping his arms around my waist snuggling me in close when we just sit there... in that position for God knows how long.

I clung to him like a drug.

Right now... I know I have feelings for Oren and they are growing faster than I could make sense of.

I need him, to challenge me, to annoy me, to kiss me, and to... love me ?!