🕸Chapter...34🕷

Writer's block :(

***

🕷🕸

"I'm not going for therapy." He snaps and I'm taken aback.

"I'm just trying to help." I say in the calmest voice possible.

"Well... I never asked for your help !"

We lapse into an awkward silence.

Oren always has a way to ruin the moment.

Always.

I open my mouth to say something but no words come out.

We just... sit there, (me on the couch while Oren on the bed), staring at each other.

I feel like I should say something but I don't in fear of saying the wrong thing.

Oren pulls the white bed covers away from him and tries to stand but his legs immediately give in and he falls back on the bed.

I run to help him but he raises his index finger, a clear indication that he doesn't want my help.

"I think it's time for you to go home Sky." He says in his everyday cold tone.

"I'm not going anywhere until we talk !" I snap at him and he flashes me a death glare that I've become so used to.

"Oren..." I call out while walking towards him. "You scared me yesterday ! I was worried when Jessica called me and told me you were in hospital. A million thoughts came running in my mind !"

"I never asked you to worry !" He snaps and my anger level rises to a hundred.

How dare he say that ?!

"You know what Oren Kruse, you are the most selfish person I've ever met !"

I give him space to say something but he doesn't.

"You are so blinded by your damn principles that you don't realize that you not going to therapy hurts all those who care about you."

Oren turns his gaze towards me and I think I see guilt clear in his eyes.

"Sky... I think you should go." He says flatly. No options attached.

"Why do you let yourself get hurt like this ?" I ask. "No one has the right to disturb your mental peace... not even Alley."

"You have no idea what your talking about." Oren says while trying to get up again but his legs give in.

"I know... all the times you spent with Alley were the best times of your life... but sometimes happy memories hurt the most."

"Can you just shut up Skylar ! You act like you know everything but you don't !"

There and then I break apart and my tears start falling freely.

I walk towards the bed and seat on the edge.

"I know I'm damaged as fuck but I'll never hurt anyone the same way I've been hurt before." Oren says.

I look up and he's busy staring at me.

"Yet you did." I say. "You hurt me... and Jessica... and Lexus, Holden... Cole. The list is long Oren and I could go on."

"I wish I could disappear." He mutters under his breath.

I move towards Oren and hold his face in both my palms, forcing him to look at me.

"Sometimes you think you want to dissapear but all you really want is to be found." I say to him but all he does is pull away from my hold.

He let's out a sharp exhale from his nose then shifts his gaze towards me. "No one cares."

I wipe the tears from my eyes then sniff. "The anxiety is lying to you. Everyone cares, you're just over thinking."

He let's out a despicable chuckle. "The saddest part about being an over thinker...  is most times you're right."

I want to console him but how can I when whatever he just said is pure logic.

"I wasn't myself for months and nobody noticed... except you..." He says.

I look up and see that he's staring at nothing in particular.

"You know what I can't resist from you...?" I ask.

"What ?" He turns to face me and I flash a smile at him.

"Feeling your scars as mine." I lean in and brush my lips against his.

Oren neither joins in the kiss nor pushes me away but when I pull away, I feel him wanting more.

"I spent years watching my mom act like everything is fine with my dad. I won't do that."

I stand up from the bed and start putting on my boots. Once I'm done I pick up my bag and remove Oren's hoodie from inside and put it on.

"My conscience won't forgive me if something happens to you." I say before picking up my phone and heading towards the door.

"Skylar" Oren gently calls out.

I turn only to see him eyeing me.

"I'm done being a broken record." I say.

"Where are you going ?" He asks.

"To get to the bottom of all this."

***

When I get out of the hospital's building the white fluffy clouds that were once out there are now grey and threatening to rain any time from now.

Good thing I had Oren's hoodie with me.

I text Charlie to come meet me outside the hospital. She asks me various questions such as ; Why I'm not in a plane heading to Italy ? and what the hell am I doing at a hospital ?

I tell her I'll answer once she comes to get me.

Twenty minutes later Charlie and I are inside Cole's red jeep heading to the address I just gave her.

On the way I answer all of Charlie's questions and she's shocked about Oren being admitted in hospital and for a second there I see worry creep inside her eyes.

She does care.

***

Forty five minutes later we pull into a now familiar mansion.

"Where are we ?" Charlie asks but I shrug her off.

I press in the gate code and I'm glad it hasn't been changed.

When the huge gate finally opens I show Charlie where to park and we hop off.

We walk towards the huge white door and I knock.

Five minutes later the doors swing open and the one person I wanted to see stands there shirtless while holding a tumbler full of what I assume to be scotch.

"Well... well... well... look who we have here... hello Sky." He says while grinning.

"Blake."