Chapt 16 DAD!? wha-?! EXPLAIN!

Cassandra

"So" I said breaking the unbearable silence, "Care to explain?'

Right now me and Cameron were having a very quiet discussion about all that had occurred 15 minutes ago! Emphasis on the quiet.

He wasn't responding to anything I said or tried to do! He was just sitting with his head buried into his legs. I could see that his eyebrows were knitted in fury and that he was doing everything he could to control his anger. After the big scene he caused back in my uncles office, he had been silent...probably and hopefully regretting it.

So let's rewind to the scene which had unfolded scene a few minutes ago.

So he called my uncle his so called 'dad'. I just stared at him in shock and then after processing that, I finally came out with one brilliant question, "Cameron, are you on drugs?"

That sent him into an anger rampage. He stomped over to my uncle and grasped his neck saying , "You don't believe me", "This is a monster of a man", "he ruined my moher's life" and all other crap. I finally hit him on the neck on the soft spot and he immediately fell unconscious.

I was in fighting training for 6 months, I know this stuff.

My uncle had hardened his jaw and he walked into the balcony without a word.

Ofcourse I went after him for answers for this accusation. But he also, like Cameron right now, didn't give me any.

So I dragged an unconscious Cameron out of the building. And right now we are sitting on a pavement in front of my uncle's office. Cameron regained his senses soon enough but he hasn't said a word since.

I sighed, "Cameron!..CAMERON!"

No answer

"Dude, talk to me. You just called the most sweet person alive, that being Carlos, your dad!...he is engaged to a person with mental problems. And as far as I know, he has never been married or had romance that produced a child!"

"that is a lie" he finally spoke. I urged him to go on but that's all he said.

Okay fine. He doesn't want to talk, I don't wanna talk. So I put on a pouty face and turned away from him.

Cameron noticed my behavior and sighed, "Okay"

My face lit up, "Okay, right from the beginning!"

--

Cameron

"Well, he's not my biological father." I said

Cassandra's face immediately turned to relief. "Oh" she said.

"He and my mother, a few years ago, had hooked up. They thought they loved each other and that both of them could work out. So, my mom got pregnant before they could get married. And Carlos was called to run his company at that time, but he didn't have any choice but to marry my mother as he also had responsibility over the child.

He became ignorant and rude to my mom after marriage, he used to get home drunk and hit her. The child was a cute baby girl...she was named Myra. Carlos used to hit her too. So my mom went to find comfort from her hard life elsewhere, she went to her best friend and buddy MY biological father and she got pregnant and had me.

Of course Carlos didn't accept me as I was a child of someone else's. He hit my mother for her betrayal and hit Myra more out of frustration. But again, he didn't have much choice but to take care of us.

So I came out after a few months and immediately disliked my so-called father. I used to call him by his name but my mom told me to be respectful and call him dad as he was the one providing us with a roof to live under.

My life would have been that if a very tragic incident hadn't occurred. Carlos hit Myra so hard one day that she fell unconscious, she was quickly rushed to the hospital and the doctor said that after the wounds she has taken in and the injury that Carlos had caused to her head with a wine bottle would not heal. Myra didn't make it. My mom got into a rage and slapped Carlos and left with me tagging along, she went to my real father and settled down after getting married to him. They had a baby girl a few years later...my little sister Caroline. But I could never forgot Myra, as she was always my protective older sister who always took the blow whenever Carlos came to hit me."

I finished off the story and looked up, immediately anticipating pity in Cassandra's eyes but what I saw was completely shocking.

Cassandra was casually chewing on an apple which she had happened to magically produce from nowhere. "Done with ur sob story?" she asked me, indifferently

"Ya, I guess"

"This is all that I have to say to you Cameron, Stop moping over that crap! It was a very huge obstacle in life that you and your mother managed to jump over. The important part is, that now you have a loving family and you are satisfied in life. So stop thinking about the past and go all 'strangle my uncle' on me. Yes, my uncle must have made that mistake. But he learned from it, he is a now a very respectful and dare I say, changed man. I know it may be just and act, but I am very good at detecting lies and fake-asses.I believe in my uncle and I believe in you." She said, shrugging.

Her words had had a good impact on me. She was right...so damn right. Straight to the point...no 'I'm sorry', 'it will be alright'. She wasn't judgemental and she wanted to give her uncle a chance...I loved that about her.

Cassandra Lively, I admire you a lot.

She looked at me as I stared at her, right into her blue orbs. "and look what I got...." She said, smiling.

She held up a key that I guess must be the helicopter's. "I grabbed it from my uncle's office right at that time."

, "We're still doing that? But...I'm...I'm hurt" I said dramatically, pouting. I hope it works on her.

She let out a big laugh, "Get up, pretty boy. We have a whole day ahead of us!"

I stood up grumbling. She wiped the dust of her butt...Hey, a little flirting couldn't hurt.

"Want me to do that for you?"

She smiled, laughing, "Good try but...no! Good luck next time" She winked at me and walked towards the bike.

"Dang it!" I said aloud. She shook her head smiling.

I grabbed the helmet and put it on her. She rolled her eyes but didn't give me any snarky comment. Cassandra liked the fact that I cared...and so do I.

Off we go...!!!!

--

Cassandra

So we were riding the bike and Cameron suddenly exclaimed, "I want to give you a nickname!"

"oh ya" I replied over the wind that was caused because of the bike, "What is it?"

"I still have to think about it. Not Cassie or Sandra...how about puppy?"

"you have the worst taste in nicknames."

"uh...how bout...banana?"

"stop...just stop"

"I will have to think about it more" Cameron said after a long pause.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....GUYS I NEED HELP DECIDING A NICKNAME!

I know your relieved that he and Cassie aren't related...YAY!

Please comment on nickname you think suitable..

Sorry sorry...will have the fun day in next chapter!!!!!!!

Toodles!

Comment, vote, follow