Chapter 25: a turn of events

I finished the rest of my pizza with a stomach filling bite and wiped the excess food from my mouth. Currently, I was lounging on my luxurious velvet red sofa, watching Pretty woman and stuffing my face with my favorite pepperoni pizza.

Woods had called earlier in the day, saying that he had exciting news to share with me and would come around my house by 7.

It was the last summer week before everyone departed to go to their respectful colleges. I, being heiress to the largest business empire in the world, was going to attend one of the best schools in the country, Yale. My grades weren't exactly up to the mark for the Ivy League school but they were in debt to my uncle for donating a whole corridor of expensive labs and libraries to the college campus. So, I was attending Yale.

The day that I had been waiting for had finally come though. Today, I was going to set the last puzzle piece on my diabolical plan. You didn't think I was letting Woods off that easy for what he did to me.

Just as a malicious smile appeared on my face, thinking about the fabulous ending to my revenge crossed my face, Woods walked in.

He sauntered in, grinning like an idiot. His hair was wet like it had been recently washed, the ends of it curling up in an auburn rings against his smooth, white skin. The grey t-shirt he was wearing strained against his hard-earned muscles and his jeans clung to all the right places. I stood up in greeting.

"Hey beautiful" he said, huskily as he grabbed me by the waist, his soft pink lips brushing mine. I shivered at the contact, staring into his swirling hazel eyes.

"Hi" I breathed, smiling widely.

The past three months with him have been like no other. Spending almost sickening time with each other, we hade dived into the deepest depths of our personalities and had truly begun to love each and every part. Of course we had our differences and we fought all the time but the heat and passion that had started our relationship had refused to diffuse.

I took his radiant god-like face into my hands and kissed him deeply. I pulled back and smirked at his flustered cheeks, "We need to talk" I say and then plopped back on the couch.

Woods eyebrows creased as he joined me. "But first" he said, "I got into Yale!"

I looked at him, astonished, "What? How?"

"My mother pulled some strings" he announced and leaned back on the sofa, his arm around me.

A spark lit inside of me, burning my heart as I took the information in. His mother, was a ruthless school principal with many educational connections and I wasn't surprised at all that she got her fool of a son inside an Ivy League college.

I laughed, sweetly, "You needn't go to Yale, Woods" I said and softly leaned in to him, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. My hands slid down his torso to the place between his legs, slowly caressing it.

Woods eyes were lit with desire as he strained to hold in a moan, "What are you talking about, Cassie? This is good for us."

I started kissing his neck, leaving a trail of peppered kisses till I reached his chest. "I have a confession to make" I said.

Everything was silent as Woods couldn't hold it in, he let out a growl and cupped my face, "Cassie, what's going on?" He said, looking deep into my wide blue orbs.

There was sounds from behind us as a tall, statuesque of a boy walked into the dimly lit room. As he came into visibility, his blonde hair reflected the light. There stood Cameron, wearing a silk robe and a proud smile. He crossed his arms and looked at Woods with a knowing stare, as if he had something that he didn't.

Woods pushed me off of him and stood up, his hand trembling as he pointed at Cameron and then looking at me, "What is he doing here?" He shouted.

I let my face drop into a calm and serene demeanor, I stood up and walking over to Cameron, kissing him full on the lips.

"He came back" I said simply.

"Did you...Casss" Woods voice was quiet and defeated, "did you sleep with him."

"I've been sleeping with him for the past month. You see, Woods, he never left."

Woods stood there, mouth gaping, "But the note on the rock... and his goodbye-"

"All a ruse" I whispered. Cameron smiled at me.

Woods sank to his knees, his face pale, "Why?"

I walked to him and sneered at him with resent, "Because you are a player, a cheat, a man whore, an asshole. And you deserve all the bad karma in the world. You broke my heart" I snapped with venom in my voice.

"Cassie I told you, my reputation-"

"What a pathetic excuse Woods. Your reputation?! You destroyed someone's being for your reputation?! I will not have it. Cameron is good. Cameron is what I needed and I want him. Always did. The problem was, you had to pay. If he had stayed, you would always had been suspicious of me so I asked him to disappear for the summer. In secret, I slowly fell more in love with him while you fell in love with me."

Woods looked down, a single tear dropping from his eye. I could see, what I had done to him. I could see the illusion of his shattered heart in his sad eyes. As the realization came to him that the last few months had been noting but a game to me, I could see how much pain and hurt that caused him. "I loved you." He whispered, "so much..."

"Leave, Woods. I didn't love you, I never did. Think twice before you inflict this kind of pain on someone else in the future." I turned away and let Cameron envelope me. Surprisingly, hot tears travelled down my face. The whole situation itself was unbearable and painful. I cried into Cameron's reassuring chest as he whispered soothing words in my hair and stroked my back.

"Cassie" I heard Woods say from behind me.

I reluctantly faced him.

"I'm sorry" he said, his face streaked with tears and his voice shaky. "You broke me."

He turned and started walking away, not pausing to look back even once.

"Drac" Cameron said, slowly when Woods was definitely gone.

"Yeah?"

"Did we do the right thing?"

I kissed him lightly, tasting salt from the tears, "I hope."

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Both taking comfort from each other's presence.

Hopefully, Woods would never hurt anyone like that again. I was now free to be with Cameron without any disturbances.

I silently prayed that any girl who had been hurt by a player would have the decency to take revenge from him without falling weak. And maybe, one day, the whole concept would be buried without any hope of reviving.

I made the players pay.