Chapt. 18 Pleasant picnic

Cassandra

"Wow" I said as I picked up our picnic basket and followed Cameron. He had got me to this beautiful clearing deep in the forest parts of the city. It showed a view of a magnificent abandoned bridge with exotic flowers growing on it. It was breathtaking.

Cameron grinned and led me to a quite comfortable looking rock. "I found this place when I moved here. I was just exploring and...voila! I come here to think...and I thought it would be the perfect place for our picnic."

"It quite certainly is" I agreed.

We spread out the blanket on the rock and plopped ourselves on. Cameron licked his lips and rubbed his hand together, "Take out the food! I am starved."

I laughed and handed him his meat sandwich and started eating mine. We just sat there in comfortable silence, enjoying the food and gazing at the nature around us.

"So Ca-" I began

"Shh. Listen" He whispered, cutting me off.

I perked my ears, and I could hear the sweet sound of nature and the melodious chirping of the birds. It was so serene and quiet.. First time after a long time, I felt at peace.

I grinned, "Its... It's lovely"

"I know right' he replied smiling, "Wait a minute. He slipped his hand under the rock and took out a drawing pad."

I squealed, "You DRAW!"

He blushed, "Well, yeah sometimes. It's not that good"

I snatched the notebook from his hand and flipped through the pages. There were these absolutely amazing drawings of all the little nature scenes around us. First, was off a squirrel gathering nuts, then the birds in their nests, and then I came across the drawing of the bridge. I gasped, "Cameorn" I exclaimed, "this..this is exquisite"

"Thanks" he said, his cheeks pink.

I let out a laugh and pulled them, "You're so cute!"

That made him blush even more.

We started talking then. About our self and family and everything we liked. It was just...really nice. We made jokes and laughed. I then felt a heavy blanket settle on my eyelids.

"You go to sleep Cassie" . I smiled and lay down, resting my head on his lap. I then closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

--

My eyes flew open and I sat up suddenly. I let out a huge yawn, "How long have I been out?" I asked Cameron who was drawing something in his book.

"About 2 hours" He mumbled, not looking up from his drawing.

"Hey, watcha drawing" I said peeking

He hid the notebook behind his back, "No, you can't see"

"Not fair!" I argued, "Cameron, gimme the notebook."

We wrestled for his book for 10 minutes when I huffed and finally gave up. "We should go." I said.

Cameron nodded his head, "yeah"

Cameron

I quickly put away the notebook and joined Cassie.

As we made our way back to the car, I asked her a question which was bugging me since a long time. "So Drac, what exactly are WE?" I asked her, gesturing to us.

"Hm" she said thinking, "We are best friends!" she linked her arm with my arm and we walked down British style.

"Ouch," I said playfully, "friend-zoned"

"Don't push your luck Hunt" she said warningly

"You may be just a bit more" she whispered so quietly that I almost didn't catch that.

----

YES! I am alive. Just finished ma exams, and m back!!!!

YAYAYAYAYA

sorry sorry sorry for the loooonnnnng wait.....

but here it is and more is coming soon!

luv ya!

comment, vote, follow