Chapt 24

Cameron

I kept on sipping the beer in my hand as I jealously watched Cassie and Gray laughing and kissing each other. I wanted to be Gray right now so badly...

I set the empty bottle of beer down and sighed, folding my arms and staring at them. Gray whispered something into Cassie's ear and she hit him, and then he grabbed her hand and pulled her forward kissing her roughly. She pulled back teasingly making him beg for the kiss, he went on his knees begging and Cassie stood there having a good hearty laugh at how ridiculously desperate he was and after a while of pouting Gray joined in. They laughed for full 1 minute and collapsed on the sofa, hand in hand and breathless.

I felt myself reach for another bottle of beer, I chugged it down enjoying the burn of the alcohol in my throat...

The past few days had been torture. Watching them get closer and closer. Each time they kissed or held hands or showed any kind of physical contact...it was like a stab to my heart. I had fallen for Cassandra. Fallen fucking hard. Since the day she made me promise, I had tried to find ways to let myself in. The only reason I ignored her in the first place was because she was with Gray. I wanted to get over her but I found to my disappointment, it was impossible.

Then I suddenly put the bottle down, I had caught something in Cassie's vibrant blue eyes. Something I never seen her have when she was with me. It was plain...happiness.

They way her eyes lit up when Gray made her laugh, or the way he made her feel overall. She was so happy and satisfied. This was not the first time I was noticing, whenever she talked to me about him, no one could mistake the way she immediately straightened up. There was a spark of pure bliss when she talked about him. She really really loved him...Who was I to take that away from her?

Yes, I loved her...a lot. But Gray seems no less, he loves her too. Maybe I had mistaken his devotion, maybe he really cared, maybe more than I do. They both were perfect for each other.

I never saw Cassie more happy anywhere than with Gray, and somewhat it made me feel good. Seeing her happy, was all that I want. And if she found it with Gray, so be it.

I saw a smile tugging on my lips as I saw Cassie laugh again. I stared at her contently for a few more minutes and then I pulled my headphones out and put the ipod to shuffle.

You only need the light when its burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you have been high when your feeling low

Only hate the road when your missing home

I made my decision...I am not coming in between Gray and Cassandra. I just want to see her happy and she is happy with Gray. It's best if I just...

Only know you love her when you let her go...

I love you Cassandra Lively, I love you so much that I am letting go...

Cassandra

I looked everywhere for Cameron, when is he going to tell me his decision. No one was at his house as I rang the doorbell multiple times but no one answered. And I searched all around school and called Adam and Gaby but he is not there either...

There is only one other place I can think off where he could possibly be....the bridge.

I started my car and zoomed to the forest and almost ran to the clearing. I sprinted to 'our rock' and saw and instead of Cameron I saw a piece of neatly folded paper kept in the middle. There was 'CASSANDRA' written on it in bold. I picked it up and unfolded it...

Dear Cassie,

I am so sorry I left without informing you but if I had told you, you would have pulled out the puppy-dog face and convinced me to do otherwise. So...I guess this is Goodbye. You're probably confused as I had promised that I would fight for you and never back down. But I changed my mind...

And no, it's not because I am afraid and will think I will lose. Because for you , I am ready to put my life forward. It's because I love you...too much to come in between you and your happiness. I saw how content you were with Gray and I...I can't do this to you.

So I am leaving, for college, and not telling you my exact location because I don't want you to come searching for me. One day, I will be back with a beautiful wife and beautiful children and then I will come for dinner at you house with your beautiful family. And we will meet again like old love birds who found their way in life, despite the difficulties.

Hey, I am and will always be a dorky romantic with big dreams for the future.

So the point here is, that I am moving on. We both are moving on.

Oh and remember the day of our picnic when you fell into a deep sleep and when you woke up I was drawing something? Well...its attached to the back of the envelope.

Stay happy with Gray, Cassie...

I love you

-Cameron

"I love you too..." I whispered with tears in my eyes. He's gone....forever

It took a while for my brain to adjust to the fact that Cameron was gone...and he was never coming back.

I broke down to the ground as realization hit me like a pail of cold water, I started sobbing loudly. My nose started running and my eyes were just constantly producing tears whenever the thought of him crossed my mind. Those pale, sky blue eyes which I will probably never see again were embedded in my brain.

Cameron let go because he loved me, I am letting go too...because I love him way more than anyone realizes. I just hope Woods can fill the deep hole he has left behind.

I quickly turned the envelope and opened up he piece of paper attached. It was a beautiful drawing. Of me and him.

He had got every detail perfect. My eyes were closed and I looked liked I was in heaven, in a peaceful slumber. My head was resting on Cameron's shoulder and he was looking at me with such adoration in his eyes.

I choked down a sob when I saw what was written down in a quote.

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."

What did you do Cameron? You just left.

And I hate you for it....

The quote is by Tim Mcgraw. Song is 'let her go' by passenger

TOODLES!

Sandy