Chapt.20 REUNITE AHOY!

Cassandra

It was lunchtime, still no sign of Cameron. After I hugged him, he quietly pulled back and disappeared. I wanted to go after him but school and grades do matter. I have missed a lot already.

I fucked up, so badly. I wanted to go in some corner and cry. But I haven't gotten the time until now.

I stalked away to the bleachers, thankfully no one was there. As soon as I was sure I was alone, I broke down into loud sobs. I never showed anybody that I am crying, I always thought crying was a weakness and embarrassment. And it is....because I am the cold hearted, unfeeling playgirl, I have to hold that up. If I cried, it was always in private. Frazzle was the only one in the whole wide world who has seen me cry.

Why was my life so complicated? Why did I get all the bad luck and drama? What did I do to deserve this... This is not fair! I don't want to choose...I don't want to exist. I sunk down, bringing my knees to my chest. Tears kept streaming down my face...I was getting suicidal thoughts again.

"Cassie?"

I looked up and met my gaze with a wide-eyed Frazzle. "Oh my god, Cassie!" she exclaimed, running towards me. I wanted to protest...stand up, wipe my tears and walk away. But instead I stood up and hugged her tightly. Her warm, welcoming smell came back to me in a strong swoosh. Being in my best friends embrace was all that I needed right now. She hugged me back with all she had. Somehow, hugging her made me want to cry more. I had missed her so much.

She stroked my hair. "It's okay" she whispered, "let it all out"

After I was done crying, there was absolutely no more energy left in me. It had felt good to let it out. We both sat down and I poured everything out to my best friend, who was a very good listener.

'"Oh my god, Cassie" she said after I had finished, "What have you gotten yourself into?"

"One big messy tangled heap" I replied, sighing.

Frazzle placed a hand on my shoulder, "Who the hell are you going to choose?"

"I don't know Fraz, I don't know. On one hand, there's Woods. Whose kisses electrify me, leaving me wanting more. When I am close to him, or when he touches me, my whole body is on fire and I never feel like stopping. He jokes with me, has a very big ego but somehow it comes out looking sexy. We have the same personality and agree on something's and disagree on some. When I am with him, the rest of the world disappears. It just he and I, this Greek god looking boy and his smart ass attitude which can return my sassy remarks with ease."

"I definitely agree on the Greek god part"

"FOCUS! Trying to give an emotional speech here!!" I reasoned.

Frazzle held her hands up in surrender, "sorry. Go on"

On the other hand, there's Cameron. Who's light smile and caring ways makes my heart melt. When I kissed him, I felt butterflies and all things good and sweet. The world lit up and I felt everything was going to be alright now that he was here. He is the exact opposite of me and I know when I need him, he is going to be there. He's funny and smart and cute and I enjoy every single moment spent with him. My life would be a fairytale if I choose him. He's my prince charming."

"So it's either prince charming or the Greek god?" frazzle asked, "Whoa, I pity you girl"

"Yep, I pity myself too"

"I am sure some ice cream can help!" Frazzle said cheerfully.

"Definitely" I said, grinning. "But before that, I need to go talk to Cameron. So rain-check?"

Frazzle smiled, "No problem Cass, go get him. Do you know where he is?"

"Yes, I think I do"

--

Cameron

I sat on the rock, my head hung low. Did I really just walk away? I always knew Gray meant a lot to her, more than me. But when it came to the crossroads, why did I think she would choose me? I already miss her, I should have done more.

"Cam" Someone whispered from me. I immediately recognized her voice, my head perked up. "I thought I would find you here" She said, joining me on the rock. We sat in silence, staring at the bridge.

"I never thought I'd have to choose" she said, finally speaking.

I looked at her, she was staring ahead at the bridge. "So after what Gray did to you, your still considering him?"

I didn't mean to be so evil about it. I didn't want to poison her mind against Gray. But she has to make the right choice.

Cassie sighed, "I don't know Cameron. I don't know. But for what my instinct says, I trust him"

"So you've decided. You chose him?" I asked bitterly

"No" she said, "I haven't chosen anyone."

We drifted back into silence. My mind racing with possibilities. What does she mean she hasn't chosen yet....do I have a chance? Could there be hope? And if there is, I will fight till the very end. We suddenly looked at each other, lost in the other's eyes.

"Do you love me?" she asked bluntly, breaking the silence

"Yes." I replied, without hesitation

"Then fight for me Cameron" Cassie said, staring into my eyes intently, "Show me that you care"

I couldn't move my eyes from her intense ones. She was pleading for me to prove to her that I want her. But I was in no position to reply, I was falling weak.

She sighed and got up, "This won't work"

I stared after her as she walked away, I am a fucking idiot. This is what I do. At the LAST minute, I step back. I have always regretted having this weakness. When I get nervous or have to make a big descicion....my mind suddenly decides to go blank making me go into panic.

I have to tell her that I will fight.

I ran towards the car, she was already in and about to start it. I shouted out into the forest, making my voice echo

"Cassie" I yelled. "I will fight." My voice was lined with determination, "And You WILL be mine..no matter what"

But the car was gone. I don't know if she had heard me or not.

--

ALOHA!

I am freaking jobless!

But I updated nonetheless!

Cuz I like to write!

And not create a fight!

Thats why I am doing a tango!

and...

and..

My head resembles a mango! (Na, thats just some guy from my school)

thats the worst poem I have EVER made. -__-

But you get the point.

The ending is nearing fellas! Hold your breath!!!

(not literally cuz you'll die as I stil have to write it ;P)

ADIOS! ( I know your wonderin whats with goodbyes and greetings in different languages....well, I am jobless, that explains it)

Comment, vote follow

p.s I just realized this is the most random and stupid authors note throughout the story. But entertaining nonetheless! The best authors note award goes to...

THIS ONE!

DO THE HOOLA AMIGOS!

YAYAYA

Bye -_-