Chapter 22. Death.

I opened my eyes slowly as sleep wore off me. I was back in my room, though it looked different somehow. Carlos was sitting in a chair next to my bed, with his hand clasped to each other and a very worried expression on his face. He too liked different somehow

I blinked my eyes, trying to make sense of everything. When the events of yesterday hit me like a pail of cold water. Carlos died. In an accident.

But how can it be? He was sitting in front of me!

"Carlos?" I inquired with an astonished face, " your alive?"

Carlos, finally noticing my awakening, smiled warmly, " I'm alive? Ofcourse! What are you talking about?"

"But...but you were dead and Mickey.....at the pizzeria.... The phone call!"

He shook his head, "must have been a bad dream"

I sighed in relief and smiled. "Oh" I exhaled, " it was just a dream"

"You should get up now, Sandra. It's 12 and it's time for u to get to office"

"Office?" I blinked," but isn't that your job?"

Carlos looked at me in confusion, " honey, I'm retired. Now ur the CEO of the office. You run it! You took over the job many years back. This dream has messed with ur head a bit too much."

That's when the whole situation hit me. The difference that I was seeing. Carlos had these weird folds on his face, they were wrinkles. And his usually slick back raven black hair had streaks of grey lined in. He was sitting on a wheelchair wearing a sweater and long ugly pants. The Carlos I knew would never be seen without a suit.

My room was different too. My various colorful posters which lined the hot pink walls were now replaced with shelves and shelves of business books. My walls were painted a boring white and there was a weird painting hung on it. If looked of great value. My room looked regal and clean. It was disgusting.

I shot up and ran to my closet, frantic. I gasped with shock as I opened it..all of my Shiny, beautiful teenage clothes we're replaced with ugly office wear. Pantyhose and black heels with various suits with tight skirts. I can't grow up so fast! I can't!

It's a dream.

Carlos did die. I ran to the old man on the wheelchair and started sobbing, hugging him tightly.

"You did die" I whispered into his shoulder. "I will never get to see you old"

The old man was surprised at my outburst. "Sandra-"

"I love you," I said sobbing harder. " I lost my only family.... I love you and I will take care of the Mighty empire that u built with your hard work"

The scene started to change. Carlos disappeared from my arms. He was back to his charismatic charming self. He was about a mile away from me. The surrounding scenery was a blur. I was standing on a golden pathway. Staring ahead at the retreating figure of my uncle.

I ran after him, trying to catch hold of the one person who I will never see again.but the closer I got, the farther he was.

It seemed like we were heading towards a light. More like he was. Closer and close he got to the entrance of the bright light, illuminating the dark pathway. I was running at full speed, panting and hoping to pull him back from that light. Because I knew what it was... Heaven. Death.

But as much as I ran, I could never reach him.

He stopped abruptly and turned to look at me. I was still running.

"I love you too Sandra. Take care of Cordelia and tell her I'm sorry." He spoke.

"NO!" I screamed, "no dad! Don't leave me here alone. Your my only family....please".

He smiled faintly, " you are my daughter and I wish I could be there for you but my time has come"

"NO" I sobbed, " PLEASE, NO"

But my uncle didn't listen to me, he gave me a wide smile. The last I would ever see... And walked in. His figure disappearing. Confirming the fact that I will never see him again. Ever.

The smile had imprinted in my mind. I would never forget it. Never.

I gasped and my eyes flew open. I was sitting in front of my uncles grave. With flowers in my hand. I seemed to have dozed of in front of it. I glanced at his grave stone. R.I.P Carlos lively. A great man who achieved great things.

That wasn't enough. I hadn't cried. Not once during the whole funeral. Just staring into nothingness trying to make sense of the shit I called my life.

Cordelia was sitting next to me, cradling the engagement ring. The poor woman had gone mad. She kept muttering stuff under her breath and shaking her head, rubbing Carlos's stone. Suddenly she would start sobbing and then running around cursing god for his unfairness.

"BLOODY DEATH! U flower potted gothy cat!" She suddenly exclaimed and shot up. "Dandelion" she whimpered and ran into a tree. "Ouch. It hurt. Carly gone. It hurt. Everything hurt. PIZZA"

It pained watching her. Many a times I tried to help but I gave up. God should see the pain he created when he decided to take Carlos away.

My phone rang. Cameron .

"Hi" I said Into the receiver.

"Hey Drac, I'm sorry I couldn't come to the funeral. I have necrophobia, fear of death and funerals and graveyards.
Sorry"

"Doesn't matter"

"Dra-" but I cut the phone.

Stupid life.
----------------------

I was literally crying so hard when I wrote this chapter.

Omigosh.

Bye.