Chapt 19. mixed emotions?

Cassandra

I walked into my apartment. Carlos was waiting for me on the couch, "Cassandra"

"Yep, I'd like an explanation"

"I was a bad man back then. I did drugs, got drunk all the time, banged different girls. Cameron's mom wasn't supposed to get pregnant. But believe me, I have changed. I really love Cordelia. Don't tell her Cassandra, her heart will break"

"I won't Carlos, I believe you. Everyone does bad things."

"The police didn't catch me for Myra. I regret everything...Cameron is a good guy dear, he was strong and helpful to his mother and Myra. I...I.." My uncle broke down. I ran to him and held him as he cried.

"I'm a man" he said, " I shouldn't cry"

"Shh" I said soothingly, "it's okay to cry Carlos, it's okay."

"I've changed." He whispered

"I know, dad"

I stopped short to what I had called him. But he was my dad, my family, the only I had.

"I love you"

"I love you too, Cassandra."

I went in to my room and collapsed on my bed, exhausted. I thought about the events of the day and Cameron. His smile, his laugh, his words. They were precious and they were mine. And I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Then realization hit me

I love him. I fell in love.

But everything that falls gets broken.

--

I walked into school. I was damn early. And over the night I had realized that I loved Cameron. Stupd.stupid.stupid. I had to stop talking to him, go back to my player act.

"Your early" I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned around,. "You too."

Woods looked ravishingly handsome. He had on a grey tight t-shirt which showed off his chest and muscles and sexy jeans which fit in all the right places.

We settled into a silence, just shamelessly checking out each other. He then advanced towards me and crashed his lips to mine. I kissed him back, devouring the sweet taste of his mouth and the pleasant feel of his soft lips. His tongue slipped into my mouth. I moaned slightly. His hand roamed my body and I took a fistful of his hair in my palm.

We kissed for a full 5 minutes. Then I broke away panting.

I love him too. Always did.

NO NO! I don't. I turned and sprinted away from him. The only thing that can be done is go back to my revenge. "Cassie" Woods said, running behind me.

"You have to believe me. I never wanted to hurt you. But...but I did. That was one big mistake I made in life...I lost the only girl I ever loved."

"How do I know your not lying?" I asked

"You don't"

--

Cameron

"You may be just a bit more" that line just kept repeating again and again in my head. What did she mean by that? Could it be....No. Cassandra doesn't like anyone. Especially not a dope head like me...

I heaved myself up from my bed and slipped on some clothes. Then I brushed and took a quick shower. "Cameron honey" My mom called from downstairs, "Breakfast is ready!".

I made my way downstairs and grabbed a granola bar, "sorry mom, no time". I kissed her on the cheek and headed towards my car.

--

Could mean more than a friend to her? Is that why she said that? My heart started thudding as I saw Cassandra walking towards me. "Hey Dra-"

But she walked right past, hitting me with the smell of her intoxicating perfume. She strutted to Tony Yung. Another playboy of our school and crashed her lips to it, tongue and all. Suddenly I felt a kind of rage flare in me. I walked towards them and pulled her off him. "What do you think you're doing?"

--

Cassandra

"What?" I answered innocently to Cameron, "Kissing my boyfriend. Gotta a problem buddy?". I saw a kind of sadness flash in Cameron eyes, "I really thought you had changed Cassie".

My eyes threated to water. "You have no right to call me that" I said, my voice breaking.

Yes, I was being foolish and throwing away everything that mattered to me: Cameron. I fell in love, just as I was afraid I would. And I had to end it

He shook his head, "You are making a mistake"

"You don't matter to me Cameron. Just cuz we hung out for a bit, don't think you exist for me. You're worthless."

He suddenly tightened his hold around my arm and pushed me against the wall. "I matter to you Cassandra. And we both know it! Why are you fooling yourself? Stop, and think." He yelled.

I wiped a tear, "Your wrong." My voice came out, weak.

He lowered his eyes and then he was gone. He just walked away. Every part of my body screamed to run after him but I stayed where I was, like the worthless piece of shit I am.

That's when I knew, I had made a terrible mistake. I had lost one boy who would ever mean anything to me.

"Go" someone whispered from behind me, "don't lose him Cassie, as I lost my love."

Woods. I turned and kissed him lightly on the lips."I think he's gone woods."

"No cassie." He said firmly. "That's what I had thought. From the moment I broke it off with you, I regretted it. I wanted to run behind you and apologize and take everything back but I thought it was too late. But I regret not trying. So go!"

I then started sobbing, words hurt more than you can imagine. I had scarred our relationship.

I knew Woods was right so I ran behind Cameron,

"Don't go!" I stopped in front of his retreating figure.

He halted and turned, "You love woods don't you?"

"Yes" I answered, as much as I lie to myself...I did,

"Do you love me?"

"Yes"

He shook his head, he then kissed me. "I had to do that"

Then he walked off

"Cameron"

"Drac, you belong with him"

"But-"

"You love him more."

I didn't argue with that.

I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated again,. Just trying to catch up to the delay. and I am jobless, summer rocks!

so...

hope I can update...soon

TOODLES

cooment, vote, follow