Isami Aldini x Fem reader ~Royal AU

Warnings : None

Requested by : DinaH10

In truth, you were suppose to marry Takumi Aldini, the first prince of the Trattoria Kingdom. But then he saw your half sister Megumi Tadokoro and fell in love, tying the knot only two weeks after meeting, he effectively left you both relieved and humiliated at the same time. You were relieved because in truth you were hoping to find someone on your own time, and humiliated because as a princess you were only raised for one purpose: Marriage.

You couldn't blame Takumi though, anyone would fall in love with your sweet, innocent sister who put everyone before her. The reason he fell in love with her was the exact reason you couldn't blame Megumi either, she was to guileless to try and hurt anyone on purpose.

Once your embarrassment had passed you were happy, you were free to explore your feelings and find a man for yourself. Then your happiness evaporated,  it was ripped from you without any warning.

"Princess Y/n, you will marry Prince Isami of Trattoria in three days time. Prepare yourself."

You stare at your father in dread for a beat of three breaths before falling into a curtsy, "Yes Sire." You hesitate before continuing, wary of drawing the ire of the King. "Will three days be enough to have a wedding dress prepared?"

"No. It wont." He grunted. "You'll just have to tailor the dress that was made for Princess Megumi and wear that to your wedding. You are dismissed."

A flinch racked your figure, "Yes Sire." Again you dipped down before gliding from the hall with measured footsteps, ladies in waiting falling into formation a step behind you. Megumi's dress would never fit for multiple reasons, size only being one of them.

You were right. Even though your dress maker -Alice- had tried her hardest to make it fit, and to even alter the color a little, it wasn't befitting on you in the least. On Megumi the sleeveless white dress showed the elegant curve of her shoulders and neck, on you it made you look like your shoulders were half of your body. And lets just face it, white didn't look good on you. On Megumi the white flower patterned, pearl encrusted dress just accentuated her clear porcelain skin, while it made you look like a ghost.

You could tell that Alice was aghast at what you had to wear, she was muttering under her breath as she circled you adjusting things at the last minute.  "If the King has the patience to get a new dress made for his youngest daughter why can't he wait a mere week for me to make something marvelous for his eldest?"

You inhaled sharply, "Alice," You warn. "It doesn't matter if I am pretty or not, so stop being so disgruntle." A lie. "This way I am saving fabric, better for the earth and all that." A brave smile surfaced, "Is it time to go out?"

"Yes Milady." Your lady in waiting moved to pin the veil to your pile of long hair braided atop your head.

The thin fabric shielding your vision, you turn to the distant sound of the wedding. "Lets get this party going then!"

You felt more humiliation as you walked down the aisle then when you were replaced with your younger sister, which surprised you. You hadn't thought you could have wanted to hide in your room anymore than when Prince Takumi had rejected you in front of the whole court, but here you were, in a dress made for a woman who was two times smaller than you. No one said anything, but you just knew that there would be talk after the wedding.

Isami was handsome though. Whether that made you feel any better was yet to be decided, seeing as you felt like you were about to have a panic attack. You tapped your fingers -buried in the folds of your skirt- against your covered leg, keeping in time to the reverends words as he made his way through the ceremony.