Scenario ~Soulmate AU

Warnings: Swearing.

Joichiro Saiba

Soulmates . . . You wish you didn't have to believe in them. Everyone had a different type of soulmate. For some, they had a red ribbon tied to their pinky finger which would untie once they met the one they were destined for. For others they couldn't taste food until they'd met their soulmate. For you, you felt the emotions of your other half. He was normal until around the time you turned seventeen, and then it felt like your world was falling apart. The pain in your heart that wasn't yours couldn't be driven out, and no matter how hard you tried to balance out his sadness with your joy, nothing seemed to work.

 Eventually you began to hate your soulmate. Why should he cause you so much pain? Why should his emotional state have to effect your well being? Still, even though you loathed him you couldn't do anything about him. Slowly you start follow his downward spiral, you lost all will to be around people, shutting yourself in your room and skipping your meals. Then, something happened. Your other half began to feel less empty and sad and more happy.

You almost missed him when you met, the sudden golden feeling of being in tune not drawing your attention away from your book until you felt it fading. Dropping your book you shot to your feet crying out, "Wait!!"

Everyone on the square within earshot of you turned and gave you a weird look, then a tall dark haired young man push his way through the tense crowd. He was Japanese, his messy brown hair pushed back away from his face. His eyes crinkled as he smiled, stopping right in front of you. "Hey," He drawls.

"Hi." You murmur back, now unsure what to do or think.

His grin is lazy, "You had me worried for a bit there."

That snapped you out of your daze. Frowning you quipped, "You have no right to talk about that! Especially seeing as it was your fault!"

He looked sheepish, "It was because of me? Sorry. I'm Joichiro. Saiba Joishiro."

"

Shinomiya Kojiro

You couldn't taste food. You didn't know what it tasted like, and like all things that were forbidden it made you long for all the more. So, you went to France, to where the best food was served. You made a goal to tour the best restaurants and diners in the country, because at some point, you would be able to taste food. 

Eventually, you made it to a high class restaurant called 'Shino's' which cost a pretty penny. Honestly you were skeptical. You had heard a rumor that the head chef  and owner of Shino's also didn't have any taste, which means how could he possible have a five star restaurant. But in the end that rumor intrigued you, and it didn't really matter what the food stated like, for you couldn't taste a single goddamn thing.