Isami Aldini x Reader ~ Fem I missed you

Warning: None 

After Asami went to Totski with Takumi, you went to London for art school. At first, you were to excited and enthralled by London that you didn't miss him much. But then, slowly, you started missing your closest friend. Both of you were to busy with highschool to talk much, every now and then, you would get a long email that updated you on his whereabouts and how he was doing in school, but then you wouldn't hear from him for months. Then, the emails stopped coming, the little contact you had with him disappearing completely. After he stopped emailing me, it seemed like you and him were going in circles, always ending up where the other had been, but too late or too soon to meet up. 

The first time you actually saw him since he left for Japan, was at a Fashion show in Bath. You were in your Junior year and had traveled to Bath for an assignment for one of your classes. When you saw him, your arms were filled with art equipment. You were so surprised to see him, a young chef at a fashion show, a young chef who schooled in Japan. You spotted him when the show had ended, everyone getting up from their seats and filing in one big wave towards the open doors. When you tried to call out to him, he didn't respond. So you had tried to push your way through to him, but had gotten pushed over instead. All of your supplies had poured onto the floor, pencils and pens rolling and tumbling underneath peoples feet. You had wince when saw my B4 shading pencil get snapped in half by a mans shoe, hurriedly gathering the rest of your supplies before they got ruined. By the time you had stood up, he was gone.

"Y/n!!!!!!" You squeak in surprise when you feel a pair of arms encircle me from behind, spinning around to see the familiar face of my best friend, F/n.

"What are you doing?" You push her off of me, frowning at how excited she was. You knew that smile, she's scheming. "No. Let me rephrase that -what have you done?"

F/n's eyes glint mischievously, teeth flashing. "Oh nothing in particular~" She sings, linking her arm through yours. "Except that I booked a table at this new restaurant in town!"

"Oh?" You had moved back to Italy once you had finished school, sick of the gray gloom that came with London. You had moved to Venice, which was only a couple of hours away from your hometown. Quickly you had made new friends and started making a name for yourself in the art community, no matter how small that name was. "What cuisine?"

"Italian, duh." F/n rolls her eyes, dragging me across a bridge and onto a street lined with fancy restaurants.

Your eyes widen, "How expensive . . . exactly . . . is this place?"

"Not that expensive, its their opening week, so the food is 20% off!!"

You don't get to see the name of the restaurant before You've been zipped through the door and into an empty seat at the table you and F/n had been showed to. Looking around you,  you are appreciative of how beautiful the inside of the restaurant is, but wary about how costly this place is going to be. "You are paying F/n . . . right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sure."

You ordered your food, sipping water while you waited. Its beyond delicious, something vaguely familiar about the aura of the dish. As the waiter removes your dishes, F/n raises her hand, smirk apon her lips. "Mi Scuzi . . . may we meet the chef? I'd like to discuss out meal?"

You narrow my eyes, dabbing at your lips with my napkin. "I suppose that this is where the nature of this adventure is revealed?"

She doesn't answer, she just gives you an amused look, pulling out her phone.

"Excuse me Miss . . . the chef is here." You follow F/n's lead and swivel in your seat. Your jaw drops, eyes widening, breath quickening. F/n squeals, the click from her phone signaling that she had taken a photo.

"I-I-I. . . Isami?"

Stammering, you meet the electric blue gaze of the the young man in front of you. He blinks a few times, then his face breaks into a grin. "Y/n! What are you doing here! Its good to see you!"

Staggering to your feet, you nod, face red. "I came to eat . . . it was really good food. You've . . . you've gotten better."

"Jeez, its been so long! How many years has it been?"

"Ah . . . six I think." You fidget, eyes darting towards his that darting away.

"Hey," Isami bends to the side so that he is your height. "I'll be done in a couple of hours, would you possibly have time then to talk?"

You don't even get to think about responding before F/n had answered for you, "Of course she will!! What time? Seven? Great!! She'll wait for you outside of your restaurant!"

Before you can say anything you have been dragged away, F/n trilling over her shoulder, "Nice to meet you Isami! I'm F/n! Y/n will pay when she sees you later!" And then you and she have exited the building, you flabbergasted, she victorious.

Four hours later, you are still astonished. F/n had taken you to her house, decked you out in a dress and makeup, then had sent you on your way. On the ride over, you had thought up a dozen scenarios, most bad. Standing outside of the restaurant, you shiver a little, cursing F/n for making you wear such a ridiculously skin showing dress without a coat. Wrapping your arms around yourself, you wait nervously for Isami.

"Y/n?"

Spinning, you almost fall because of the heels that you were forced into. "Ah! Hi?"

"Why didn't you come in? Aren't you cold in that?" You meet his concerned blue eyes, watching how he takes in the pale yellow flowy halter top dress you are wearing. 

"I didn't want to intrude . . . and yes, I am a little cold."  Watching as the handsome young man promptly turns around and goes back inside you awkwardly rub your bare arms watching the dusk light fade around you. 

"Here, you can where this." 

you take the coat that the tall man offers with a mumbled 'thanks', sliding your arms through the sleeves. "Here, I owe you this." You open your clutch to pull out the money for F/n and your late lunch. He reluctantly takes the money when you push it into his hands, taking a wobbly step backwards on your heels. "It was really delicious." You murmur, one hand brushing a strand of hair away from your face.

"Would you be okay with taking a walk along that canal?" 

You look to where he is pointing before nodding with a smile, "I'd like that a lot."

He offers you his arm, which you take somewhat hesitantly. The silence that follows is slightly uncomfortable, the only words that are emitted are comments on how beautiful the weather has been, and other nonsensical pleasantries. You watch him from the corner of your eye, taking in how even though it is spring he is slender, not his normal cuddly self. He catches you looking at him, a wide grin spreading across his handsome face.

Stopping in the middle of a bridge crossing the canal, you lean against the stone railway next to him. "When did you move to Venice?"

Your heart flutters at his voice, a pleasant shiver ripping through you. "A year and a half ago . . . and you?"

Blue orbs clash with e/c, "8 months."

"Did you survive? Totski, I mean."

He laughs, throwing his head back. "I would probably not be a chef if I didn't graduate."

"You're right . . . maybe you'd be a teacher then." You nibble your lower lip as you tease him about his life dream when he was younger.

A snort, then Isami turns so that he's leaning on his elbows, back against the rail way. "And you Y/n? I'm assuming that you graduated."

"Yes, I did. It was tough, the teachers were really nit picky, but I got by." You grin a little, "I had a lot of fun though."

Isami's eyes lost a little bit of its mirth, "Did you make a lot of friends?"

You shrug, turning so that you're facing him. "I had a few . . . I missed you though."

The beam that you received was blinding, "God, I missed you so much."

Cheeks burning, you reach over and tenderly hold his large hand in my smaller one, "Can we reopen our friendship?"

"its already been reopened."