Takumi Aldini x Fem reader ~Hogwarts AU

Warnings:

Requested by: Anonymous

Cliché's. That was your biggest pet peeve. You hated them. But what you hated even more than just normal clichés was when people would akin your relationship with the worst Slytherin in the world to a 'Haters to Lovers' romance. There was no way you would ever be in love with Takumi Aldini! You weren't even able to come up with a reason that so many of your Hogwarts classmates had come to that conclusion other than maybe Takumi had said something . . . ? But you were not going to ask him that.

"Oh -I'm sorry. I didn't mean to knock into you like that Y/n." You scowled up at the blond in green and silver robes who had just knocked you into your cauldron, spilling the contents all over you and your desk-mate. While Takumi has a seemingly guilty and guiles look on his face you can see the undercurrent of glee hiding there in the way the corners of his eyes crinkled, the way his eyes sparkled, and the way his lips held a barely seeable smile.

Gritting your teeth, you pushed yourself back to your feet, hair wet and falling in strands across your face. "Of course you didn't." You gave him a closed eyed smile, holding your anger in check. "I must have accidentally stepped into your path for you to bumped into me with such power, Takumi." You held your hand out to him for a shake, "Don't worry though, I'll forgive you." 

There was a suspicious glint in Takumi's eyes as he gazed down at your outstretched appendage, but he still ended up taking it. He flinched when he felt the beetle against his palm, the bug latching on to the soft skin between his thumb and forefinger.

You let go, pulling back with a smirk. "Its a good thing class was almost over when you bumped into me. If it had been earlier I would have had to spent class soaked in Polyjuice!" With a quick bow you made your exit, "Good day Aldini." If he didn't go to the infirmary to take care of that bite his hand would be swollen and purple within two hours, the venom making him break out into spots. Your heart gave a jump of giddiness at that thought, the feeling like you had won your little spat causing you to be happy even though you are a sticky mess.

Of course, he would get back at you. He always did. That was the repeating story line, revenge after revenge after revenge. There was a bit of a thrill to it -not knowing was he was going to comeback with. Your friends didn't understand that though. For the first year they thought it was bemusing, then they started getting annoyed, and then they were just done with the two of you. It wasn't the issue of the two of you 'hating' each other that irked them, it was that most of them were mutual friends and had to listen to the two of you separately complain about the other. 

In the end they were the ones who pushed you to have that slight change of emotions that would change your entire life . . . by putting your life in mortal danger.

"Dragons!!!????!!! Come on!!!" You scream, ducking behind a rock as a blast of fire shot past you. "This is all your fault Takumi Aldini!"

Tucked beneath a fallen tree Takumi yelps back, "I had nothing to do with this!!! You were the one who sent me a letter telling me to meet you in the forbidden forest!!"

Shooting a spell at the scaly beast you roll to the side, "I did not!!! I knew you were angry after I pulled that hair prank, but I didn't think you'd go as far as trying to kill me!" You refer to a potion you had made and then had dumped all over the Slytherin which had made him grow and abnormal amount of hair over a week ago.

Takumi leapt from his hiding place and dashed over to where you were pressed up against the trunk of the tree, breath harsh as the dragon looped up in the sky, readying for another nose dive towards the two Hogwarts kids. "If I was really trying to kill you do you think I'd be here with you?" He brushed the loose hair falling into his eyes back with a dirty and scratched hand, blue eyes peeved.

Crying out 'Petrificus Totalus!!' you and Takumi slide down the bank into the shallow river. Wet and muddy, you gasp out "Did I hit him?"

The man next to you steadied you with a hand on your elbow as he risked a look backwards, "Nope! Here he comes! Duck!!"

Both of you drop down with twin splashes, the rocks at the bottom of the river biting into your palms. "I don't know why you're here with me!! Maybe to make it obvious that you weren't trying to kill me!?!" Your response to his earlier question sounded weak even to yourself, so you don't defend yourself when Takumi snorts and rolls his eyes. Scrabbling to your feet you grab his hand tightly and drag him up with you, "Common!!! Lets go!!"

Hand in hand the two of you bolt through the forbidden forest, brambles catching and tearing your clothes, the sound of your pursuer fading as you got deeper into the thick, the trees growing so close to each other that the dragon couldn't follow you. Finally careening to a halt the two of you lean on each other, out of breath.

Standing to your full height you frown, "If you weren't the one who sent me that letter than who did?" Takumi gave a noncommittal grunt, piercing eyes scanning the area around you, jaw clenched. "Do you know anyone who is enemies with both you and me?" When he doesn't respond to your second question, you turn on him ready to berate him for ignoring you. "Takumi?"

"Shh." A finger is placed over your lips, halting any further inquiries. "We're not out of the woods yet Y/n. Literally." Even though he chuckled at his own pun it was tense, not humorful. 

As if sensing his dark thoughts a werewolf's howl pierces through the heavy air, far away to not be a threat yet but still jarring in its own right. A shiver ran up your spine, "we . . . we need to find a way out of here."

"Yeah, we do." Holding his wand in front of him, Takumi murmured 'Lumos'. The instant glow lit up both of your faces, dirty, bloody and battered. 

It was then you realized something. You had fulfilled that hated cliché of yours . . . Where you used to hate him, you now felt something stronger: love.