Chapter One

The last time I woke up in a hospital, I had over-dosed. Now, I'm waking up in a hospital bleeding to death on my kitchen floor because of my boyfriend. My beautifully abusive boyfriend. I'm familiar with the beeping of monitors and the bright lights that make me woozy. But I'm not familiar with the pain of a milion cuts up and down my back.

I'm alone this time. Last time when I woke up, Dylan was standing over me with a disappointed grin on his face. He had handed me the bottle of Advil, he told me to take it and if I didn't, I didn't love him. This time, I had spent the day with my friend, he broke a wine glass and pushed me down in the shards.

He isn't with me know becasue he's at work. No one in my family knows why I end up in the hospital with near death expieriences.

* * * *

''You tell them you're fine and that you're ready to go." I nod at Dylan 's harsh tone, knowing he'll slap me if I don't agree with him. I nod even though my back is in pain that makes me nauseas. I sit on the edge of my bed, holding tight to Dylan's hand, squeezing it when a sharp pain sears through my back.

"We'll go home and you wont complain about anything." He plasters a smile on his face as the door creaks open. The doctor hands Dylan a slip allowing me to leave the hospital. Dylan holds my hand tightly as we walk down the sterile hallway. I try to ignore the growing pain in my back as we drive home in silence, wincing whenever I move.

Dylan opens the door, resting his hand on the small of my back as we walk into our apartmant. I look around, the tile floor in the kitchen completley erased of what happened only 4 days ago.

"You cleaned up nicley." I hide the harshness in my voice with a sarcastic smile. Dylan nods.

"Can't have blood every where." He cups his hands around my face and pulls my face up to his, planting a gentle kiss on my lips. I kiss him back quickly before I duck away from him. He grabs my arm as I trun the corner to head upstairs.

"Katie..." His eyes are dark and unyeilding.

"I'm going upstairs."I yank my arm from him and head up to our room. I push the white door open and glance over at the calender hanging over the bed. My family vacation to london is in 3 days. Every year my family takes a trip to a place outside of the states-without Dylan. My heart lifts a little until I hear the door open.

"I'll miss you." I dont return his comment. I walk into our closet and grab a pile of my jeans and sweaters. I fold them neatly in my purple suitcase I left out on the bed.

"I'm sure you'll text me daily." He sits next to me, helping me zip up my luggage. I look up into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Of course I will babe." I grab my suitcases off the bed and roll them to the corner. I drop my passport on the top and head back downstairs, ignoring the burning look Dylan gave me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Chapter One of my new story!

I deleted my other one because I wasn't proud of it but I like this one. So comment if you want! Thank you!